CrazyBoards.org
CookieN

What questions do you still have that have never been answered?

On 10/12/2019 at 6:45 PM, argh said:

Seasonal mood shifts.

Fuck do we do about them?

During summer people are exposed to sunlight. When exposed to sunlight the body produces vitamin D which is a hormone needed by the body in many processes. The darkness of winter, diminishes sun exposure and therefore vitamin D dimishes to. There are people who test for vitamin D deficiencies and supplement

I often question: will it ever go away? What the hell is my purpose? Is there a bigger meaning as to why my path has been filled with suffering (for no reason, there is no one to blame for why I'm this way). Why can't I accept and love myself for where I'm at and who I am now?

If the brain has so much plasticity, why am I not going into remission, no matter what I do? No matter how healthy I live my life, years of spiritual/soul searching, therapy, psychiatric meds. My condition is also highly exacerbated by hormones, so does that mean that during peri-menopause (approaching in 5-8 years), I'm going to go bat-sh*t crazy and all this therapy, meds, self-work will go down the drain due to my messed up genes or biology?

The clinical depression, anxiety about the future, ill-at-ease in the present. I get months where I am "teased" feeling pretty normal, like a productive human being, making progress...then some sort of situational sh*t comes back up and triggers me.

Sorry all the new age "positive thinking" BS is not sustainable. There is a thing called "spiritual bypassing" many people do it. And the Law of Attraction thing "your thoughts attract everything in your life"  is a naive sick excuse to blame victims for uncontrollable (and often devastating) circumstances that are inescapable.

Edited by Blahblah

6 hours ago, Blahblah said:

I often question: will it ever go away? What the hell is my purpose? Is there a bigger meaning as to why my path has been filled with suffering (for no reason, there is no one to blame for why I'm this way). Why can't I accept and love myself for where I'm at and who I am now?

If the brain has so much plasticity, why am I not going into remission, no matter what I do? No matter how healthy I live my life, years of spiritual/soul searching, therapy, psychiatric meds. My condition is also highly exacerbated by hormones, so does that mean that during peri-menopause (approaching in 5-8 years), I'm going to go bat-sh*t crazy and all this therapy, meds, self-work will go down the drain due to my messed up genes or biology?

The clinical depression, anxiety about the future, ill-at-ease in the present. I get months where I am "teased" feeling pretty normal, like a productive human being, making progress...then some sort of situational sh*t comes back up and triggers me.

Sorry all the new age "positive thinking" BS is not sustainable. There is a thing called "spiritual bypassing" many people do it. And the Law of Attraction thing "your thoughts attract everything in your life"  is a naive sick excuse to blame victims for uncontrollable (and often devastating) circumstances that are inescapable.

I relate with this so much. I could have written it myself. The questions anout the meaning, the if it is going to go away, the loving myself as I am now, the suffering, the effects of hormones and menopause, the spirituality

All I can say is make the best of each day. Do not worry about the future

• Like 1