CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Will

Targeted ads on CB

The internet wants me to play Hearthstone Battlegrounds. Fair enough, I'm a nerd. Though not THAT much of a nerd.

Yes! Hah! An advertisement for men’s shirts! I have broken the internet to my will!

Or perhaps this is a bribe to get me to donate plasma. 

i've been getting garage door ads lately. i'm surprised it took this long, considering i've worked for a garage door company  for the past year and send daily emails about garage doors.

But really now...

image.png.70f37234442afca5e3465e6a61a58da1.png

And if so, will you look cross-eyed?

image.png.e3370d0f15305cbe51875eadba4e75d3.png

If you spank that particular cat, then you are an imbecile.

Both of these are from the mobile version of the site. Also, notice the links listed: They both link back to us. They're ad-spamming us with our own content.

What the fuck?

2A36017D-ED62-4B81-9C34-2A57B0C0DB88.jpeg

I should prefer someone marking little circles in my brain to taking FDA approved medications?

Also, it appears that my opioid addiction is quite intractable, and someone wants me to become a freelance writer.

Bipolar 1 therapy. TMS. Facebook. Victoria's secret

Wookie. Not in the starwars sense. The user wookie.

Edited by argh
CB ads wants me to be a sexy minx

20 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I should prefer someone marking little circles in my brain to taking FDA approved medications?

That ad is disturbing on multiple levels. First of all, while it is encouraging that they want to treat depression at its source, which they acknowledge is The Brain, the little circles suggest that they aren't entirely sure what part of the brain is responsible, and whether the problem is that there's something missing, or something there that shouldn't be. The little circles also suggest the results of target practice.

Note at upper left of the brain a shape like a crescent moon angled toward the brain, quite plainly sucking up a blueish substance. What is this?  Depressing thoughts? Cautiousness about spending money on dubious treatments? One's very soul?

Note also that the treatment is "FDA-Cleared" as opposed to "FDA-Approved" - I suppose "clearance" is easier to obtain when you have a non-drug treatment, but they are careful to insert "Important Safety Info" in faded text at upper right, almost as if they weren't terribly keen on you actually seeing the Important Safety Info. Which makes one wonder what could be that unsafe about the moon sucking your soul out through your forehead.

Should you elect to try this, however, be aware that, apparently, you have to set an appointment with your own medulla oblongata. Don't delay - I hear there's a waiting list.

The ads barely cover the costs of keeping the site online.

Speaking negatively about advertisers is against the adsense TOS but I can't be bother to care atm.

18 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Speaking negatively about advertisers is against the adsense TOS but I can't be bother to care atm.

I'll stop. Was more hilarity than anything else.

17 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Is there a way we can donate? 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:11 PM, Velvet Elvis said:

I just saw this.

I have read the AdSense TOS and associated policies, principles, restrictions and guidelines and can find no reference to this. The only mention of restricted activity in the event that it might harm advertisers is in the manipulation of AdSense ad code. Even under the section on the Publisher's responsibility for User-generated content, there is no reference to preventing negative speech related to advertisers. Are you sure this is a thing? I'm not going to start policing the boards to make sure nobody disses the ads... ain't nobody got time for that.

Edited by Cerberus