CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Will

Targeted ads on CB

58 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

...toilet bowl brush? Marital aid? 

Those were my precise initial thoughts, but in reverse order.

13 hours ago, Gearhead said:

As the eminently wise Cerb says, the internet is your friend...

15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

As I have repeatedly told my children when they harangued me with questions, The Internet Is Your Friend.

A quick search produced this on the subject of the BallPark Pouch:

thanks, though I admit I'm a little disappointed. I was enjoying the imaginative possibilities of the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Gearhead said:

...toilet bowl brush? Marital aid? 

ouch.

• Haha 1

BallPark Pouch really needs to work on their ads. The guy on the phone looks like he’s getting information about where to leave the money if he ever wants to see his wife again, and the boy on the subway seems to be fending off the advances of a man who wants to sell him an illicit substance. Which might possibly be delivered by licking it out of the palm of his hand. IDK. The strumpet looking over the kid’s shoulder seems like she might be into it.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

BallPark Pouch really needs to work on their ads. The guy on the phone looks like he’s getting information about where to leave the money if he ever wants to see his wife again, and the boy on the subway seems to be fending off the advances of a man who wants to sell him an illicit substance. Which might possibly be delivered by licking it out of the palm of his hand. IDK. The strumpet looking the kid’s shoulder seems like she might be into it.

but it's not really clear on the subway who is wearing the ballpark pouch. It could be any of them, or all of them, or none of them. They could be in pursuit of the ballpark pouch. We need more information. But clearly the ballpark pouch, or the thought of it, or the pursuit of it,  instills anxiety in at least some people.And why is Michael Cera in this ad?

Edited by Unstrung Harp
  • Haha 2

The Shamrock Run on March 15th which I promptly signed up for. Finally targeting that works. 

Also this. For all those guns I have laying around.

image.thumb.png.9f2cf2a391a27df18d0f2e0a65ae7078.png

Edited by saintalto

Regarding Saxx, I have Hulu (got it for 99 cents a month for a year around Black Friday last year, of course WITH commercials, but hey, it's only 99 cents a month) and Saxx commercials are on a lot during the ad breaks. To the point where I was starting to think maybe it would be a good gift idea for one of my uncles (then I realized, no, that would be creepy as hell and he probably wears what kind of underwear/boxers he likes already, he's a grown man). But yeah, Hulu's been making me sit through a lot of Saxx ads.

Now, for some reason, Duluth Trading Co. ads on actual tv (not Hulu) for their "buck naked" underwear don't bother me. More clever ads and none of the nonsense about 3D technology. But for a second there (after being repeatedly bombarded by Saxx ads while binge-watching Fear the Walking Dead repeats on Hulu), I was thinking (as a single woman whose never given men's underwear much thought beyond the fact that some guys wear briefs, some boxers, some boxer briefs...never encountered anyone who went commando thus far except a female roommate once), so I was starting to think maybe men "need" or would somehow benefit from this new "technological advancement" in underwear. Thanks to CB, now I can erase that thought from my mind.

Also on Hulu are ads are for "Thinx" underwear for women. Somehow it will substitute for using feminine hygiene products and/or prevent inevitable leakage from the feminine hygiene products you already use? Or maybe it was Knix. Or maybe both.

Can we not go back to the days where there weren't all these underwear/condom/lube/erectile dysfunction ads on tv and the internet? Wasn't there a more genteel time of yore where the worst we were subjected to were those more subtle "not so fresh feeling" Summer's Eve feminine douche ads? Now we have women trimming their "bushes" like topiaries while I'm trying to eat dinner in front of the tv with my 70+ year old mom. (By the way, am I supposed to be creatively trimming or is my usual buzz cut ok, because I'm dangerous enough around my lady bits with anything remotely sharp as it is, without trying to get "creative". And no waxing for me thank you. I get ingrowns like crazy.)

I'm not saying no one should be able to discuss these things out in the open. I'm all for progress in that respect. But I'm talking about advertisers and advertising. I don't need advertisers starting/framing the discussion around my period, my body parts/hair in general, my underwear, men's nut sacks, what this or that lubricant can do for my nonexistent sex life, and so forth. And most disturbing of all are those ads about men needing to contact their doctor if their penis is curved to much, like a banana I guess, or worse like some kind of freakish 90-degree angle crooked carrot? Sometimes they're a little crooked/curvy but apparently too much curve is a bad thing and you have to see your doctor about it. Frankly, the ad has (almost) ruined the produce aisle for me. (Not penises though, still like those.) Really, it's the use of fruit/vegetables in those ads that bothers me. Plus, might it not make men self-conscious who don't even have a real problem? 

I'd prefer cereal and laundry detergent ads only please. Tell me what kind of car I need to drive. Which paper towel is really the strongest and can clean up that spill on the counter in one swipe. That sort of stuff.

Hubby has some Saxx underwear.  

Speaking as a straight woman, FYI men looking to impress ladies...I LIKE it!  Like am obsessed.

(He also says it's very comfortable)

I think he got it at his work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aquarian said:

And most disturbing of all are those ads about men needing to contact their doctor if their penis is curved to much, like a banana I guess, or worse like some kind of freakish 90-degree angle crooked carrot? Sometimes they're a little crooked/curvy but apparently too much curve is a bad thing and you have to see your doctor about it.

What they’re referring to is Peyronie's Disease. I’m not even going to include a link for you to click. When those ads first came out I did a Google search, and checked Images. I was aghast, and my husband, no shrinking violet, nearly fainted. Kids, don’t try that at home.

3 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

What they’re referring to is Peyronie's Disease. I’m not even going to include a link for you to click. When those ads first came out I did a Google search, and checked Images. I was aghast, and my husband, no shrinking violet, nearly fainted. Kids, don’t try that at home.

Dear God! I just googled it for real life pics. I would think that most men, if they had that disease, would (by virtue of their own eyesight) know it's an issue they should check with their doctor about. And wouldn't it be painful, besides the aesthetics? Or am I wrong, and perhaps each man lives in a penis vacuum whereby his penis is the one true specimen of the perfect penis and therefore even if it was curved back on itself, he would think, "totally normal, my penis is the best ever!".

Oh, for goodness' sake. Peyronie's is something that can develop from an injury or trauma to the corpus cavernosum, causing scar-like tissue to develop, which in turn causes the unnatual curavture. It can also make erection impossible in severe cases. There is no cure, but there are surgical interventions, and in minor cases, the issue can be treated relatively simply and the curvature reduced or eliminated altogether.

The Internet may be your friend, but in this case I'm speaking from experience. Didn't have it, got it via an event I will not attempt to describe, treated it, not affected by it any more. No, it was not particularly painful except during the actual treatment. No, I will not go into detail. If you insist, you can just let your imaginations run wild, you minxes, you.

Gun storage, weighted blanket, stationary bike. Because after I ride, I like to huddle under the safety of my weighted blanket with my AR-17. It just feels right.

• Haha 2

essential oil diffuser and offer to complete my bachelor's in  cybersecurity at a local university, followed by insurance for social workers.

they can't get my career straight, but the essential oil diffuser isn't a bad pick.