CrazyBoards.org

Dr asked me if I'd consider a statin.

Cholesterol levels have been moderately high for 11 years. Current test was 7.3 total, 4.8 LDL.

I'm 40. Blood pressure is high too. Both common in my family.

Just after thoughts. Have heard mixed ideas on usefulness. Although they seem pretty benign S/E wise.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:25 AM, DogMan said:

Just after thoughts. Have heard mixed ideas on usefulness. Although they seem pretty benign S/E wise.

I admit I don't know much about statins, since I've never taken one.....But I did find a good article on statins that you might like to read:  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/statins/art-20045772

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I admit I don't know much about statins, since I've never taken one.....But I did find a good article on statins that you might like to read:  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/statins/art-20045772

Thanks red.

Reading that makes me think that I should factor in the results of upcoming 24 hour home blood pressure monitor. My last reading was 179/90 something, but I get white coat anxiety pretty bad. And apparently BP along with cholesterol means higher risk.

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, DogMan said:

Reading that makes me think that I should factor in the results of upcoming 24 hour home blood pressure monitor. My last reading was 179/90 something, but I get white coat anxiety pretty bad. And apparently BP along with cholesterol means higher risk.

I'm not a doc, but I think it would be a good idea to wait until after the home blood pressure monitor test to decide.....The test will probably give you a better idea on what your average BP is at home.....Yes, I did read that high BP is a risk factor as well.

However, a good number of people have high BP readings when they go to doc's office.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1