CrazyBoards.org

I just started Nuvigil yesterday (200 mg in the morning) and after about an hour or so after my first dose, I noticed the onset of a very bad headache (not quite migraine quality, but pretty close to it). I've taken Nuvigil before, but only when it was brand name, and I was on 250 mg. Now I have generic made by Aurobindo.

Has anyone who has taken this medicine experienced this?

3 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

Has anyone who has taken this medicine experienced this?

I'm sorry it's giving you headaches....I've never taken it, but I'm calling on @Wonderful.Cheese who takes it....She might have some insight.

Headaches are listed as a common side effect of Nuvigil:

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-armodafanil/article_em.htm#sideeffects

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Oh. I’m sorry I missed this! @mikl_pls! I take 150 mg nuvigil AM and 50 mg nuvigil noon currently. I too take the generic. I do not know which generic manufacturer it is, however. I do not experience headaches from it ever and never have. I don’t think I’ve ever even been on the brand name either. So I can’t compare. I’ve been on brand provigil. Hmmmm.

Would splitting the dose up help lessen the headaches? I just started doing this with my sleep doctor’s orders and it has helped me. Or could you get your dr to write “brand only” on the prescription? If you can afford it? I don’t know how expensive it is. I see on their website they have a copay coupon which has a limit on savings “as little as $10 per month*”. Note the *. So ymmv and read the fine print for sure.

Sorry if not helpful. I’m sorry you are getting headaches. Maybe they will lessen or go away as your body adjusts to the nuvigil? I hope!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Oh. I’m sorry I missed this! @mikl_pls! I take 150 mg nuvigil AM and 50 mg nuvigil noon currently. I too take the generic. I do not know which generic manufacturer it is, however. I do not experience headaches from it ever and never have. I don’t think I’ve ever even been on the brand name either. So I can’t compare. I’ve been on brand provigil. Hmmmm.

Would splitting the dose up help lessen the headaches? I just started doing this with my sleep doctor’s orders and it has helped me. Or could you get your dr to write “brand only” on the prescription? If you can afford it? I don’t know how expensive it is. I see on their website they have a copay coupon which has a limit on savings “as little as $10 per month*”. Note the *. So ymmv and read the fine print for sure.

Sorry if not helpful. I’m sorry you are getting headaches. Maybe they will lessen or go away as your body adjusts to the nuvigil? I hope!

I thought about splitting the dose too. The tablets are actually scored so I could split them evenly. I don't think my insurance would ever cover brand-name Nuvigil now that there's a generic. I don't know why they still have a copay card since they have a generic now and you and I both know that no one's insurance would pay for it... lol.

Maybe I'll try splitting the dose in the AM and noon. 

Thanks for your response!

• Like 1