CrazyBoards.org

Solco clonazepam?

I was taking TEVA clonazepam for years until they stopped making it.....Then last winter, was switched to "Accord" brand, which I had no problems with, then this past summer, pharmacy switched to "Actavis" brand, which I had no problems with, either.

Now, today when I filled meds, I got "Solco" brand clonazepam...Didn't notice until I got home it was different.

Judging by the fact that I felt no adverse effects from the switches to Accord, and then Actavis, I'm probably not too sensitive to changes in generic manufacturers, so I anticipate I'll probably do ok on this.....I hope so, anyway...**SIGH**

Has anybody used Solco clonazepam?.....And if so, how was it for you?......Guess I'll find out tonight how it does for me.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Update:  Took my bedtime dose of clonazepam, ..This morning my heart was racing, and felt more anxious than usual......Take my morning dose, and not much relief at all.

Called Pharmacy and they said that Solco is all they have right now, so I would need to call my doc tomorrow, and see if the doc can call in an emergency refill to a different pharmacy that has Accord or Actavis......So now I'm going to call around to see who has those.

I just hope my doc is allowed to do it......**SIGH**

I hate this....I know my pharmacist has no control over which manufacturer they decide to use, but this is the 3rd time they've switched this year......I've never had any problems before with this pharmacy, I've been going there for years, but now thinking seriously of switching.

Rant over....**SIGH**...Thanks for reading.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

1 hour ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

@CrazyRedhead how is it going today with the new generic? I hope better. I hope your body adjusts to it ASAP. 

Thanks for asking, but after taking it again last night and this morning, the Solco clonazepam is not working for me at all....Panic, anxiety, still can't sleep...I have a call in to my pdoc about it right now to see if she can call in a different brand for me.......I hope she can, because I can't be like this for another month.....**SIGH**

All these pharmacies switching generics constantly is driving me nuts.....I did ok with Accord and Actavis, but this Solco brand just doesn't cut it for me.....

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Your doctor can write a script that specifies it only be filled by specific manufactures. Usually he needs to put DAW or dispense as written on the script. It is best to have more that 1 manufacturer. I have done this for years with a nasal spray, some manufactures sprays burn my tissues and specific ones don't, so I list 2, Bausch and Lomb and Apotex. Your pharmacy has 2 choices, it find a supplier that has the right maker or return the script to you saying they can't fill it.

• Thanks 1

Apparently, the TEVA clonazepam is back...!!, at least in my area.... Great news!!.....My pdoc called in an emergency replacement fill for me, to a pharm that now has it in stock, to replace the Solco....I will have to pay cash this time, but that's ok with me.

Also have to turn in the bottle of Solco clonazepam to the pharmacist...Yay, TEVA is back....!!

I called the company and they said they have been shipping it for a couple of months now.

ETA: When I got the medication, it said Teva/Actavis for manufacturer, not sure what that means.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1