CrazyBoards.org

Will taking zyprexa twice daily help?

Is there any advantage to taking my Zyprexa Zydis twice a day (10 mg AM and 10 mg bedtime)?

My pdoc prescribed it this way and I had been just taking all 20 mg at bedtime for fear of sedation. But I found the only side effect during the day was some increase in appetite so far. Which I hope to control or eat healthy snacks. No sedation from it.

I need more daytime coverage because the evenings and even late afternoons are awful for me. Mornings are ok.

Could splitting the dose up help me?

I think it's at least possible.  I had suspicions when my pdoc suggested a night time dose of fanapt for me, but it's helped give me a consistent level in my blood.

that said, fanapt and zyprexa are different drugs.

maybe it's worth just trying and seeing? worst case scenario it doesn't do anything and you're back where you started.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Is there any advantage to taking my Zyprexa Zydis twice a day (10 mg AM and 10 mg bedtime)?

My pdoc prescribed it this way and I had been just taking all 20 mg at bedtime for fear of sedation. But I found the only side effect during the day was some increase in appetite so far. Which I hope to control or eat healthy snacks. No sedation from it.

I need more daytime coverage because the evenings and even late afternoons are awful for me. Mornings are ok.

Could splitting the dose up help me?

I’d file it under skeptical but maybe worth a shot. Zyprexa half life is almost always qDay 

• Thanks 1