CrazyBoards.org
Evey

Can leg restlessness caused by Vraylar be treated?

Is it possible to treat leg restlessness caused by Vraylar. The medication has been absolutely amazing for me mood-wise. Thank you

Just now, Evey said:

Is it possible to treat leg restlessness caused by Vraylar. The medication has been absolutely amazing for me mood-wise. Thank you

If it’s akathisia then yes there are options, talk to your doc. First line is ofter Lower dosed propanololΒ 

There are several medications that can be used for akathisia:

cogentin, artane, amantadine, propranolol, benzos

Meds like Vraylar can also cause restless-legs syndrome-like symptoms. That can be helped by low doses of dopamine agonists, like ropinirole, pramipexole, and Neupro (rotigotine transdermal). The first time I took Vraylar I had these symptoms really bad at night.

If you want to try a non-medication route to begin with, I found that yoga REALLY improved my restless legs syndrome back when I was taking an SSRI (I had restless legs SO BAD at night). I did yoga that focused on stretching my lower back, butt, and legs. You can search Youtube for yoga videos that focus on those areas. It's an easy and free way to get some relief. I hope it helps if you try it out.Β 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, mikl_pls said:

Meds like Vraylar can also cause restless-legs syndrome-like symptoms. That can be helped by low doses of dopamine agonists, like ropinirole, pramipexole, and Neupro (rotigotine transdermal). The first time I took Vraylar I had these symptoms really bad at night.

Did it go away for you?

7 hours ago, Evey said:

Did it go away for you?

The first time I took it, it only went away after I quit taking it. This time, however, I'm not having any issues/only occasional mild symptoms that go away. This time, however, I am having issues with stiffness/rigidity of my legs, especially at night. My pdoc prescribed me benztropine (Cogentin) for that. I only had to take a few and I haven't really had any problems with that ever since then.

I hope you find some relief from this, I know how annoying it can be.