CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
MisterMelancholy

My mom died last night.

I found her body in the living room, went to dad to announce that she died, and then I called 911. It was too late. She had died because of her OUD and had overdosed while lying on the living room floor. It took a good while to go back to the house when the cops came I went to bed at 2 something AM.

It felt weird waking up this morning. I don't know what this means for the future. I can't imagine life without her. It doesn't feel real.

Edited by MisterMelancholy

I am so sorry, MM. Losing a parent is an incredibly weird feeling. It’s disorienting. 

I’m sorry you had to find her, and that she died like that. My sympathies to you and your dad.

• Thanks 1

take good care of yourself, and try to allow yourself to grieve in whatever way that means to you. it doesn't have to be crying. whatever helps you (within healthy boundaries), do it.

I lost my dad when I was 14. it felt like the world stopped turning. seeing other people just carry on with their lives seemed unreal. it's still weird not having him, and that's going on 7 years ago now. some part of me still is waiting for him to come home.

i urge you to talk at length about what happened and how you feel, here or to anyone that will listen. the worst thing you can do is bottle everything up.

what you've just been through, and are going through, is traumatic. i wish you the very best in navigating this difficult time. it's shit. it's unfair. and god, you don't deserve any of it. take care, take care, take care.

I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s hard under any circumstances to lose someone but this sounds like a very traumatic experience. Take care of yourself as best you can.