CrazyBoards.org

Can someone explain to me how meds absorb and from where? Stomach and intestines? 

The reason why I am asking is that I have had REALLLLLLLY bad IBS issues and I think they have affected med absorption and making me less medicated and therefore more crazy. 

are you doing anything for your IBS?

it sucks super big time... but things like keeping a food diary (looking for trigger foods) taking a lot of probiotics (or organic yogurt with active cultures, preferable with no added sugar) taking fiber, drinking enough water, magnesium, etc... CAN help.  there's that med zelnorm, it didn't help me... but may help you. 

it's good to talk to your pdoc about this.

you may also want to talk to a nutritionist about ways to help your IBS. 

penny

I'd been wondering where the ibs sufferers might be hiding. Are there any threads about it?

I've been having a terrible time with it- i hate yogurt ( i also think it has been a trigger food for migraines), zelnorm is only for ibs with constipation- i keep flip flopping back and forth from one extreme to the other.

Help!!!

I'd been wondering where the ibs sufferers might be hiding. Are there any threads about it?

I've been having a terrible time with it- i hate yogurt ( i also think it has been a trigger food for migraines), zelnorm is only for ibs with constipation- i keep flip flopping back and forth from one extreme to the other.

Help!!!

feel free to start a thread... i guess it would go in "i can't eat that" or "not otherwise specified."  most people with IBS treat it with special diet, which is why i think it may go in "i can't eat that" and also that i got some of the best IBS help from a nutritionist, not from my gastroenterologist.

have you tried taking a probiotic instead of yogurt to get the acidopholis, etc? 

are you eating yogurt with additives in it?

taking a good probiotic supplement works just as well or better than yogurt.  just make sure the vitamin store/ health food store has the probiotic  in a fridge.  the bacteria has to be alive, and so needs refrigeration.

penny

Archived