CrazyBoards.org

What time of day do you take rexulti?

For those on rexulti, what time of day do you take it? I'm just curious.

I was originally taking it at bedtime and now I take it in the afternoon. It seems to be like a good switch so far to take it in the afternoon. I don't get tired from it. Just super calm.

Does time of day to take it matter to anyone else?

2 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

For those on rexulti, what time of day do you take it? I'm just curious.

I was originally taking it at bedtime and now I take it in the afternoon. It seems to be like a good switch so far to take it in the afternoon. I don't get tired from it. Just super calm.

Does time of day to take it matter to anyone else?

I take it a few hours before bedtime (~7-8PM). Helps calm rumination so I don't lay in bed before an hour or two before I fall asleep. Helps my sleep to be restful, and I wake up in the morning ready to go. I get what you mean though about Rexulti not making you tired but just making you really calm. I've taken it mid-day before and that was pretty much my experience as well.

• Thanks 1

@browri Thanks for your response!

That makes sense then to take it a few hours before bed too, to help with ruminations for you. When I did take it before bed I slept beautifully. I slept through the night, every night. Now I don’t sleep quite as wonderfully but still pretty good with the Zyprexa Zydis. 

I was afraid it would make me tired when my pdoc said to try it in the afternoon but I’m so glad that it just makes me calm. You are right, calm not tired seems to be what it does.

It is so different compared to Abilify. I thought it wouldn’t work and would be the same thing. But not so. I should have tried this AAP long ago.

6 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

@browri Thanks for your response!

That makes sense then to take it a few hours before bed too, to help with ruminations for you. When I did take it before bed I slept beautifully. I slept through the night, every night. Now I don’t sleep quite as wonderfully but still pretty good with the Zyprexa Zydis. 

Rexulti has an average time to peak plasma levels of 4 hours post-dose. This is why 7PM/8PM works, because I'm halfway into it by the time I'm getting ready for bed and getting towards peak right around when I'm falling asleep.

I was afraid it would make me tired when my pdoc said to try it in the afternoon but I’m so glad that it just makes me calm. You are right, calm not tired seems to be what it does.

I may consider taking in the morning if I go any higher than 1mg. I think the higher doses are more stimulating from what I understand.

It is so different compared to Abilify. I thought it wouldn’t work and would be the same thing. But not so. I should have tried this AAP long ago.

Yeah Rexulti may be structurally similar to Abilify, but it's definitely not comparing apples to apples.