CrazyBoards.org
dancesintherain

reading anything good?

Swan Song is great. As is The Stand. I also recently finished Strangers by Dean Koontz and am presently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It's interesting for sure. One of the better books I have come across. Cheers!

14 hours ago, Complicated toad said:

I am really happy for you :). Books are so important in my life, and that you found a new way to be able to enjoy them again is awesome.

Twice I dropped out of college mid-semester because of hospitalization and I was 5 credits from a degree for almost 20 years.  I was lucky enough to finish the credits when I was over 40- but in hindsight I really did all the work before those last credits.  So you have already gained the knowledge that goes into a college degree, even if you don't have the piece of paper.  

Thank you! That’s very kind of you to say all that! :) You put a smile on my face.

I guess you never know, do you? It could happen. Something could change. I could finish my degree. Or even if not, I do have the knowledge. Thank you for saying that! That means a lot to me!

And yes, I’m so truly enjoying having books again. It’s wonderful, isn’t it? :)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, Complicated toad said:

I loved The Center Cannot Hold, excellent book, author I greatly admire.

Also liked We Have Always Lived in the Castle and The Stand (that is the Stephen King one I assume?  I am always up for a Stephen King, who isn't).

Keep posting recommendations, I am always looking for something good to read.  Currently stuck in John Connolly's Charlie Parker mysteries and I highly recommend, knowing I am on the last book makes me sad.

I looked at my library account just now and I'd forgotten I had let my teenage daughter check out a couple books on my card.  She has one called "The Legion of Regrettable Supervillians."  That is very intriguing I will have to ask about it.

If you like John Connolly, read The Book of Lost Things. It’s one of my favorite books. It’s very special to me. 

16 hours ago, the maze runner said:

Swan Song is great. As is The Stand. I also recently finished Strangers by Dean Koontz and am presently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It's interesting for sure. One of the better books I have come across. Cheers!

I’m nearly done with Swan Song now. I really like it. 

Finished The Last Policeman yesterday and I have to say it ended better than it started. I really enjoyed it. 

Edited by saintalto

Just placed a library hold on the Book of Lost Things so I can read it.

Just finished One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor, it was unique and fun (sci fi/fantasy).  I look forward to continuing the series.

@Complicated toad

My mother gave me my copy of The Book of Lost Things. I’ve read it at least 8 times. 

Just got two new books on audible. The Bone Season and Someone Like Me. The second book is written by the guy who wrote The Girl With All The Gifts (a fantastic book I highly recommend). 

Edited by saintalto

I read the Starless Sea, which is Erin Morgenstern's second book (the second was the night circus, which I highly recommend).

I think it's going to take a second read to cover all the meaning and different layers within the book.