CrazyBoards.org

Oops I meant to fix this.

is there any link between night sweats and nightmares?  I don’t remember my nightmares or dreams any more (thank you prazosin), but I’ve been waking up quite drenched in sweat three of the past five nights.

Edited by dancesintherain

thanks--everything was checked reasonably recently (about four months ago, other than thyroid which was two weeks ago).  I'm leaning against since the bloodwork all came back fine except prolactin.  I was thinking if it was hormonal that it would be nightly rather than 3/5? 

Just a guess.

2 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

thanks--everything was checked reasonably recently (about four months ago, other than thyroid which was two weeks ago).  I'm leaning against since the bloodwork all came back fine except prolactin.  I was thinking if it was hormonal that it would be nightly rather than 3/5? 

Just a guess.

Sorry. Just realized this was in ptsd board. Hope you didn’t think I was minimizing. But glad everything has checked out with bloodwork and such.

i get sweaty when i have bad/anxious dreams. i usually have to change my shirt. i always figured it was just a panic reaction, so i'd think that they're connected.

I don't sweat at all when I have a dream or nightmare. Even when I had the horrid mirtazapine nightmares I didn't sweat. Even when I'd wake up with a start and do a limb and teeth check.

I generally don't sweat when I sleep unless it's like 90 degrees in my room.

Edited by argh

I think this is a common occurrence. I've woken up a sweaty mess at random times, it's def not frequent but I assume it's some sort of nightmare (if it isn't a hormone or warm weather issue)