CrazyBoards.org

Creepy Dream meaning??

Well, my sleep schedule is royally screwed up this week. Wide awake until 3am , sleeping in until 2pm. When I sleep in really late, I remember my dreams ( I NEVER remember otherwise)....  Having recurring dream this week - the context changes slightly, but examples:

I'm at a new gym heading to a class. I get into elevator (to go down to the room) and no floors are listed. I don't know where it's going. I plummet down and end up at the bottom floor and it's actually UNDERWATER! I can see through glass doors it's completely underwater (ocean), dark, a bit cloudy... and I feel this sort of anxious feeling that I can't go out, because I will not be able to breathe.

Another, I'm a child, living in some kind of village, lots of nature. I go out to play and there is this sort of secret underground tunnel, spits you out to this other road, like a shortcut. But you must jump straight down. It's always scary because it is very narrow, dark. Sometime I worry it will be blocked on the other side and I will be trapped.

Edited by Blahblah

Yeah I figure plummeting downward, out of control or worried about being trapped, is not a positive thing 😢

Dreaming about an elevator moving down. If you dreamed about an elevator going down, such a dream might indicate immersing into your unconscious. Sometimes it indicates facing reality.This dream might also indicate some obstacles in the way of fulfilling some plans. Very often this dream is a sign of some negative circumstances standing in the way of your success.

Dreaming about an elevator going to the basement. If you dreamed about an elevator going down to the basement, such a dream might indicate making some decisions, which are putting you in a dangerous or humiliating situation. Sometimes it indicates choices which are confronting you with very unpleasant situations and negative feelings. This dream might also indicate being aware of something bad about to happen. Sometimes it indicates choosing a negative experience on purpose.

Dreaming about an elevator out of control. Being in an elevator, moving uncontrollably is a terrifying experience. If you dreamed about being in an elevator which was out of control, such a dream is not a good sign. If the elevator was plummeting, such a dream might indicate your fears of losing control in some situation. It might also be a sign of not being able to reach the desired level in some situation.

-Neither situation do I emerge...the dream just ends.

Edited by Blahblah

46 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Another, I'm a child, living in some kind of village, lots of nature. I go out to play and there is this sort of secret underground tunnel, spits you out to this other road, like a shortcut. But you must jump straight down. It's always scary because it is very narrow, dark. Sometime I worry it will be blocked on the other side and I will be trapped.

Also, found this on what dreams with an underground tunnel might mean:

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/underground-underground-dwelling

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I guess in both cases it's the fear of stepping into the unknown. An elevator which doesn't tell you where you're going and a hole which can get you to the other side of the road but which you're afraid of. Dreams can just be some random shit, and they don't always mean anything. I dread to think what Freud would make of your dreams. In both cases it's going down holes so he'd probably mention anuses or something. Bit of a weird guy. But dreams can represent how you're feeling, since they come from your head after all. I don't think it's anything more mysterious than how it makes you feel thinking about it. I used to have this dream where I was trying to get somewhere but I never could and just got more lost. Pretty accurate in some ways but people can go overboard on interpreting dreams. They're personal, and there's no standard way to make sense of them, and there's not always any sense to be found. Could mean that you're afraid of getting into the elevator, or jumping into the hole which could take you somewhere better but could also hurt you in some way. Makes sense. All sorts of things we could do or say but we're afraid they'll end in disaster.

• Like 1