CrazyBoards.org

dancesintherain

auto add in, not autocorrect

Does anyone deal with your phone adding in additional words when you're texting?  Not just reshuffling the letters, but flat out adding additional words.  I don't know what it's called, but I want to make it go away.  Does someone know what this is and (hopefully) how to stop it?  I have an iPhone 6s.

9 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Does anyone deal with your phone adding in additional words when you're texting?  Not just reshuffling the letters, but flat out adding additional words.  I don't know what it's called, but I want to make it go away.  Does someone know what this is and (hopefully) how to stop it?  I have an iPhone 6s.

All the time. Pixel 3. I find I just have to type slower so auto correct doesn't add superfluous words.

Go to settings , general, keyboard—then disable auto correct and predictive  text  You may have to disable the slide feature too, I think that caused me some issues. But that’s where to go to disable those irritating features. I prefer to not have things changed or added. 

Thank you both!

@sugarsugar I apparently already had text prediction off which is what I thought it was.  I’m going to try going without autocorrect also.  It might mean that I need more off than that.  It helps to know where to go.

The slide function messed me up, too, but I forget how. At any rate, that’s the area to go to, so you can figure it by trying different options. I personally disable many and especially auto correct I hate.