CrazyBoards.org

Feeling so alone right now. Like nobody understands me and just feeds the typical lines that don’t really help. I feel like I’m screaming into nothingness. I feel like something is wrong with me because I am bipolar and it has suddenly transported me to a different planet! 

why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? you can do it here, or make a post on the introduction board. you have a mental illness, but you're still an individual with interests and abilities that reach beyond your bipolar. you're not on a different planet, you just have an additional perspective and set of experiences that non-mentally ill folks don't usually have. that indeed can be quite isolating, but it also gives you kinship with those who also have those experiences.

is there some kind of bipolar/mental illness support group where you live? some members here have had good experiences making friends through groups like NAMI.

i'm not bipolar myself but i have a personality disorder, and it makes feel quite alone sometimes. sometimes it makes me isolate myself and feel even more alone. i find this site really helpful for social contact with mentally ill folks, which makes me more comfortable with myself, which in turn makes me more able to socialize in the real world. knowing there's a community of people who understand my crazies makes it feel less like a secret burden i have to carry alone.

• Like 1

Thank you echolocation! 
well, I’m a Canadian that moved to Texas for school and met the love of my life. I studied live production. I love playing my instruments, yoga, and my dogs! 
there is a DBSA group near me that I will be going to for the first time tomorrow. I’ll have to check out NAMI. 
Thank you so much for making me feel so comfortable in this group! 

i hope you have a good time at the group! let us know how it goes. i'm rooting for you. :) 

nice to bump into a fellow canadian once in a while. sounds like texas is the place for you, though! i think it's so interesting how people find each other all around the world.

there's a great thread where you post pictures of your pets if you ever feel like sharing your dogs with us!

• Thanks 1

Hi, HV! I’m a born and raised south Texan. I live up north now (PA), but all my family still lives in Tx. Great place, if you don’t have a bunch of family there. 

Lots of BP folk here, so you’ll find a lot of support, but no one’s a dx snob here, as you can see from echo’s warm welcome. Pull up a crazy chair and relax.

Yes, please post pics of your fur babies. 

• Like 1

I hope you find community here. I certainly have!

• Like 1

GORGEOUS! I am in love with those ears.

There’s a dedicated thread for pet pics, they’ll get more viewings there. https://www.crazyboards.org/topic/69120-pics-of-your-pets/page/33/#comments

This is also the link if you want to make your introduction to the boards https://www.crazyboards.org/forum/61-introductions-who-the-hell-are-you/

and a moderator will probably swing through at some point to tell you that they’re there if you have questions. 

• Like 1