CrazyBoards.org

I hear people talking upstairs in the apartment above me  I believe they are watching and videoing me. I truly believe that they are a professional outfit that has been employed by probably my ex partner  

I hear them walking around and reporting on me on their mobile phones  They uninstalled some of the equipment yesterday.

My friend who has no diagnosis of mental illness heard them when they were moving things around and dropping things the other week  

My family won’t believe me and I am lost!! It seems 110% real!

Please help me to work this out by talking about similar experiences you have had if any?

I have a neighbor, an elderly woman. About a year ago I thought she was spying on me, because I was always running into her in the halls, or I would see her standing in the doorway to her apartment when I was leaving or coming home. I thought she was keeping track of when I was home and when I left each day so that eventually she could break into my apartment.

My therapist said she was probably just lonely and looking for people to talk to. I don't know, but I don't see her anymore, I'm actually not sure if she still lives here, and she hasn't broken into my apartment.

Thank you Juniper

Has anyone else had the same issues I have had over time?? Is this my mental illness? Is this possible?

It helps me sometimes when I’m delusional and I think people are reading my mind or spying on me, to remember how boring I am. What will they get out of spying on me? A whole lot of nothing really. No one would want to spend hours of their time monitoring me while I eat, pet the dog, and watch TV. I’ve got nothing in my life that would keep anyone’s attention for very long. 

I still think people can read my mind, even though I am mostly well. That never fully leaves me. But I just accepted it and it’s their loss if they want to spend time monitoring my thoughts about having to pick up eggs at the grocery store. I just ignore them now

Also, your friend probably heard your neighbors moving around, sure, but neighbors can be noisy and do that sort of thing quite often. It’s nothing to stress over. You just have noisy neighbors, nothing more. . 

Edited by saintalto
  • Thanks 1