CrazyBoards.org

Hi there, my name is Anne. I’m a Canadian who moved to Texas and found the love of my life! I got diagnosed with bipolar 1 about a month ago. 5 months ago I suffered a lot of trauma which sent me into rapid cycling episodes! I love playing my instruments, loooove yoga and my dogs, and I love the outdoors!! Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!! Going to my first group tonight!! 
much love!! 

Hello! Best advice I can give is to stay on your meds, don’t tamper with the doses on your own without consulting your doctor, and that side effects are a thing with all meds so be prepared to put up with some shit no matter what you take.  

• Thanks 1

Howdy.

Take your meds. Even if you feel "better" and "they don't seem to be doing anything" keep in mind that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing if you are better.

While you are bp1 and this site linked focuses on bp2, the non medication approaches are still relevant. I know I'd have to be on way more shit if I didn't follow these guidelines.

https://psycheducation.org/treatment/#Principle_A_Maximize_Non-Medication_Approaches

Welcome from a fellow Canuck!  (and dog lover...I've got three, including a new puppy)