CrazyBoards.org

mixed?

I don't usually get mixed episodes. I definitely tend more towards euphoric mania and somatic depression. 

But for the past week or two I've been dealing with loads of agitation. I am having trouble sitting still and doing work. I have also been emotionally labile, feeling like I'm going to cry for no reason.Then there is the super terrible anxiety and OCD. On top of it all are auditory hallucinations and racing thoughts. 

I know that no one here can diagnose me, but does this sound similar in any way to your mixed episodes? I'm meeting pdoc on Monday and plan to ask him.

1 hour ago, aura said:

I don't usually get mixed episodes. I definitely tend more towards euphoric mania and somatic depression. 

But for the past week or two I've been dealing with loads of agitation. I am having trouble sitting still and doing work. I have also been emotionally labile, feeling like I'm going to cry for no reason.Then there is the super terrible anxiety and OCD. On top of it all are auditory hallucinations and racing thoughts. 

I know that no one here can diagnose me, but does this sound similar in any way to your mixed episodes? I'm meeting pdoc on Monday and plan to ask him.

Sounds pretty familiar to me

That's about what I've experienced.  Extremely agitated, feel like my skin is crawling and I want to crawl out of it.  Anxiety and OCD are at their worst, everything is extremely loud, I am in perpetual sensory overload and lose the ability to filter anything out, irritability is also on max.  Thoughts are very dark, begin interpreting negative messages in normal everyday things.  Sometimes a bit of paranoia.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, aura said:

The darkness has shifted to euphoria. I feel like dancing.

I see you are on Ritalin - known to cause psychosis/mania or agitation with those that have BP...(even though low dose). I'm surprised your pdoc prescribed this to you with your history. It's a huge fight for my pdocs to prescribe it and I've never had BP or mania 😞

2 hours ago, Blahblah said:

I see you are on Ritalin - known to cause psychosis/mania or agitation with those that have BP...(even though low dose). I'm surprised your pdoc prescribed this to you with your history. It's a huge fight for my pdocs to prescribe it and I've never had BP or mania 😞

I agree with the Ritalin thing... it makes me psychotic so quickly.