CrazyBoards.org

Sleeping yet manic

Is it possible to be getting sleep but still be manic? People here keep saying I'm manic.

I have trouble falling asleep but I sleep through the night and I lay in bed for hours in the morning dreading getting up to face the day ahead

Anyone relate?

16 hours ago, saintalto said:

I slept a lot when I was manic last time. I practically lived in bed because I didn’t feel safe anywhere else. I was very agitated and my head was moving quicker than I could keep up with, but laying curled up in a ball very still was all I could do to not explode. 

This sounds so familiar. Only I have papers to grade. Still curled up in bed. Racing thought and hallucinations. God showed me a snippet of heaven or purgatory (not sure which)  the other day and now I'm awaiting the next sign.

25 minutes ago, aura said:

This sounds so familiar. Only I have papers to grade. Still curled up in bed. Racing thought and hallucinations. God showed me a snippet of heaven or purgatory (not sure which)  the other day and now I'm awaiting the next sign.

Can you contact your care team today? You’re really worrying me. There are no signs, this is just in your head. 

Edited by saintalto

@saintalto Thank you for your concern. I'm afraid to reach my care team because I don't want to be hospitalized. I've been in hospital a bajillion times and I can tell that it's not necessary. I'm not a danger to myself or others. Thank you though for your encouragement. I'm meeting my whole care team (tdoc and attending pdoc) on Monday.

@Butterflykisses Mood stabilizers never worked for me. I've tried them all. But thank you for the suggestion. I wish they worked for me!

I slept during my last manic episode. Ambien is a heckuva drug. It didn’t make me less manic, or less dangerous to myself. 

I’m glad you’re seeing your team Monday. Can you grade papers from bed? Maybe use a cookie sheet as a desk, if bed feels safest to you? I accomplish half of my life from bed.

44 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

I slept during my last manic episode. Ambien is a heckuva drug. It didn’t make me less manic, or less dangerous to myself. 

I’m glad you’re seeing your team Monday. Can you grade papers from bed? Maybe use a cookie sheet as a desk, if bed feels safest to you? I accomplish half of my life from bed.

I'm curled up in bed with my handy space heater, grading papers. It's super hard to grade while agitated and hallucinating, but I'm powering through.

3 hours ago, aura said:

@saintalto Thank you for your concern. I'm afraid to reach my care team because I don't want to be hospitalized. I've been in hospital a bajillion times and I can tell that it's not necessary. I'm not a danger to myself or others. Thank you though for your encouragement. I'm meeting my whole care team (tdoc and attending pdoc) on Monday.

@Butterflykisses Mood stabilizers never worked for me. I've tried them all. But thank you for the suggestion. I wish they worked for me!

Did you try all the stabilizers before clozaril or with it? 

37 minutes ago, aura said:

Before. Honestly though my body doesn't react well to mood stabilizers. I am not keen on trying them again.

That makes sense - just wondering if you could add a subtheraputic dose to avoid side effects but still get results from the meds working together

• 1 month later...