CrazyBoards.org

Saintalto has become a mod again. Please leave all offerings and sacrifices here, rather than in her mailbox, as we have yet to assign dedicated Roombas to the staff’s private quarters, and I’m sure we all remember the confetti incident of ‘92.

Welcome, Saint, and thanks.

• Haha 2

@DogMan you might need to re-explain the aussie’s use of that word, Americans might take it the wrong way 😬 it’s still on our ever-dwindling list of words you just don’t use. 

10 hours ago, Rabbit37 said:

@DogMan you might need to re-explain the aussie’s use of that word, Americans might take it the wrong way 😬 it’s still on our ever-dwindling list of words you just don’t use. 

I never used that word until I started talking to an Australian. But I actually wrote a blog post a while back explaining my theory of how it should be a feminist thing to say cunt. Briefly, swear words about sex and genitalia are swear words because sex was considered taboo. Female sexuality has been especially taboo, so that's why the word is considered the worst in the English language. Some men seem to struggle to say vagina for the same reason. So we should all say cunt more often in order to overcome the taboo and be more feminist. Am I mansplaining? But that's why I don't think it's contradictory to say that misogynists are cunts.

@Fluent In Silence Well yes, misogynists *are* cunts, but see that just explains my point, in that the word is very derogatory towards women. I don’t see it as being a taboo, rather that the very essence is just about the worst thing (an American) could call a woman. So yes, let’s have more open discussion about vaginas though, that should be able to be uttered by a man without him giggling and blushing. 

😊

Edited by Rabbit37
  • Like 2

Heh! Oh Canada! Less concerned about whether you agree with my convoluted justification of the C-word than whether I sound like a C-word for using the C-word Rabbit. Don't want to sound offensive. Words are just noises we make and we attach meanings to them. You didn't take offense, I'm just rambling. I have used the word on this site on numerous occasions, and I hope I didn't offend anyone because I have a boring explanation for why it's OK to say cunt which will make people hate me even more.

Sorry. I am rambling. I'm trying to apologise if I've sounded like a C-word at any time. Cunt I mean, in case anyone thought the C-word was chocolate or capybara. Oh shut the fuck up you capybara! Sorry. This is why I find it difficult to make any friends. Ahhh! Start again. I don't mean to sound like a dick or any other kind of genitalia. My intentions are good but my words are fucking awful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Heh! Oh Canada! Less concerned about whether you agree with my convoluted justification of the C-word than whether I sound like a C-word for using the C-word Rabbit. Don't want to sound offensive. Words are just noises we make and we attach meanings to them. You didn't take offense, I'm just rambling. I have used the word on this site on numerous occasions, and I hope I didn't offend anyone because I have a boring explanation for why it's OK to say cunt which will make people hate me even more.

Sorry. I am rambling. I'm trying to apologise if I've sounded like a C-word at any time. Cunt I mean, in case anyone thought the C-word was chocolate or capybara. Oh shut the fuck up you capybara! Sorry. This is why I find it difficult to make any friends. Ahhh! Start again. I don't mean to sound like a dick or any other kind of genitalia. My intentions are good but my words are fucking awful.

😂❤️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Sorry. I am rambling. I'm trying to apologise if I've sounded like a C-word at any time. 

Like a...Canadian?  You did apologize!

I propose that we add capybara to the local lexicon of intensifiers. Used in sentence:

That fucking capybara at the pharmacy screwed up my order again, and now I’m having Seroquel withdrawals and the walls look kinda bendy.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 5:04 PM, Fluent In Silence said:

Sorry ay!

Traditionally, we Canucks would say that as "sorry, eh?"

• Like 2

I’ve been meaning to get to this forever.

Just as people put TW SELF HARM at the tops of posts and blog entries, we need people to please start doing the same for talking about suicidal ideation. Don’t get me wrong: we’re here for you, and we absolutely are not banning such talk. But people can’t be responsible for their own triggers if they have no warning one is coming, and suicide is a very loaded topic for a lot of people here.

No one is in any trouble, and again, we understand that you need to talk about it, so do. Just please give others heads-up.

Thank you.