CrazyBoards.org

Is it odd that I'm interested in periods? Fuck yeah. But a while back I thought how 50% of the population experience this and I know about fuck all about it. What most men think about it is "eurgh". Which isn't exactly enlightening. It's a whole thing which is important to women but which we'd rather ignore. But isn't it weird to say that I want to know about periods? Women are human beings too, apparently (sorry for the sexist joke. I'm an arsehole) and understanding other people should be something anyone with any intelligence should want to do. But most men would turn away at the first mention of 'flow'. I don't mean to sound weird though I realise that I'm probably sounding fucking weird, but half the population experiences this, and we know nothing about it, because nobody ever told us anything except the basics with some simple diagrams which represented a vagina. It is a great unmentionable. Women bleed out of their vaginas. I'm not trying to make a fetish out of it but women deal with this shit and it's somehow taboo and unmentionable. I woke up with a boner, and knocked things over with it on my way to take a shit. It took two flushes to down that shit because it was bigger than my forearm. Normal manly chit chat. Charming and civilised. Periods! Don't be disgusting! Yup, sarcasm. Men talk about their bodies all the time. Heavy flow? Eugh! Eugh! Periods are disgusting, let's talk about the shit I had this morning. It shouldn't be weird though I really feel like some sort of pervert for saying that we should acknowledge periods.

• Like 1

I don't think it's odd at all.  As you said, about 50% of the world's population has them and yet there's this universal "thou shalt not talk about it" thing almost. 

@Fluent In Silence - Sir, on these boards we just sell shoes.

Actually, I have always found that the surest way to induce a period is to begin a sentence.

: : crickets : :

I'm out.

• Haha 2

good for a laugh. 

@CrazyRedhead, did you ever have a situation where your body decided to have a period during the time that you were taking provera and then had a provera-induced period later (not with much to do since I literally just had one)?  I'm worried that might be happening to me right now.  I started the provera 10-day on 12/26 and then got a period around 1/2.  The provera doses ended and now, 8 days later, I'm getting awful cramping.  It could be a coincidence, but it's so out of the normal for me that I wanted to see if it's possible. 

19 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

@CrazyRedhead, did you ever have a situation where your body decided to have a period during the time that you were taking provera and then had a provera-induced period later (not with much to do since I literally just had one)?  I'm worried that might be happening to me right now.  I started the provera 10-day on 12/26 and then got a period around 1/2.  The provera doses ended and now, 8 days later, I'm getting awful cramping.  It could be a coincidence, but it's so out of the normal for me that I wanted to see if it's possible. 

Hmm, trying to remember, but I don't think I had that happen to me.......I suggest maybe call doc and let them know what's going on, since you said it seems out of the norm for you.

Edited by CrazyRedhead