CrazyBoards.org

As you can see from my signature, I'm currently on rather a lot of medicines.

But I'm thinking... are people putting me on these as part of a way to get to me? Do I actually need these? Are they all out to get me? Logically I know that they're not but I deeply feel or even believe that they are...

I don't think your pdoc or others are out to get you, but I can relate to how you feel. I'm not on as many medicines, but I worry about taking my antipsychotic in particular and whether I really need it. Sometimes I think my pdoc and pharmacist are trying to poison me slowly. When I'm in a better frame of mind, I can see that that doesn't make sense.

Are there particular side effects that are bothering you or a particular med you're concerned about? What would happen if you talked to your pdoc about this?

I guess my dad makes it worse. As a PP put it, it's like thinking that you are being poisoned. But my dad, I mention it to him and he goes, "Don't be so silly"... which is pretty counter-productive!

I mean, so far, these meds have left me with Tourettes-like syndrome, amnesia, clinical depression, I sleep for 14 hours to 16 hours a day, I spend thousands on treatments like rTMS and eTNS as well as chemical concoctions... and for what?

Maybe I'd be better off without them.

Edited by Simba Cub