CrazyBoards.org

I lied in bed for over two and a half hours AFTER taking a Lunesta and I still couldn't sleep.  I finally got up and I feel like writing dumb rhyming poetry and singing goofy songs.  My dh is asleep on the couch right behind me so that it out.  I haven't hadd insomnia since last summer.  Spring fever probably.  My first hypo/manic episode in over six months maybe.  Hmmmm...this could be fun. 

Or not.

I don't know what to do.  I could pop a xanax and see if that helps.  I don't have a prn for mania, but my husband has plenty of benzos.  But after the lunesta not helping me sleep, why would a benzo?  Maybe I need a good knock on my head by a baseball bat.

FRUSTRATED.....

It's usually a good indication for me.  for example last night I took 75 mg of seroquel and woke up every two hours and then bolted out of bed wide awake this morning before 7. 

A benzo would be like a smartie right now for me. 

So ya, same boat. 

I'd say, based on my experience, that you could be on your way up. Watch it for a few nights and see. If it keeps happening, then call your pdoc for an emergency RX of an AAP. I've tried them all, and Seroquel seems to help at low doses to knock out mania and help with sleep. It works fast for both. My personal favorite AAP is Risperdal, but I'm not sure if it would help in the short term for your purposes. Ask your pdoc. My bet is that s/he will give you a prn for an AAP.

Right now, watch for trends.

Archived