CrazyBoards.org

I get my eTNS machine tomorrow!

Dead excited! I wear the thing as I sleep and it gently improves my mood, or so they say. Thing is, it's rather expensive - £1k for the machine and £90 for 15 days worth of electrodes. A cheaper and just as good alternative I understand is the Fisher Wallace Machine, but my pdoc deeply recommends this more expensive one.

22 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

That's the one I use. It's pricey at £1,000. So far so good though - I'm certainly more alert yet not manic! A cheaper alternative is a Fisher Wallace Machine - hang around, they go on sale very often as in hundreds off!

ETA: Fisher Wallace machine is currently £399.00 and has great reviews, practically the same thing.

Edited by Simba Cub
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking into the Fischer Wallace stimulator device thingy for now. I may be able to get my insurance to reimburse me if I can get my doctor to write me a letter of medical necessity. Not sure which doc to contact for that, my pdoc or my gdoc, considering how I'm starting to become increasingly more and more frustrated with my pdoc and her underestimation and undermining me on the severity of my depression. She has no idea apparently. I'm thinking about seeking a second opinion from a pdoc who actually performs ECT, but if I can get this device reimbursed by my insurance, and it works, that would be fantastic.

5 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

I'm looking into the Fischer Wallace stimulator device thingy for now. I may be able to get my insurance to reimburse me if I can get my doctor to write me a letter of medical necessity. Not sure which doc to contact for that, my pdoc or my gdoc, considering how I'm starting to become increasingly more and more frustrated with my pdoc and her underestimation and undermining me on the severity of my depression. She has no idea apparently. I'm thinking about seeking a second opinion from a pdoc who actually performs ECT, but if I can get this device reimbursed by my insurance, and it works, that would be fantastic.

The feeling of being underrated is no fun. I had to kick up such a fuss that hospitalisation was threatened! Good luck with the machine and I hope it works!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's broken. Sticks at 0.4mAH - 0.6mAH. Should be levelling off at 5.0mAH for therapeutic dose. Have tried everything. I paid £1,000 for this thing. Advice from the clinic? Press the buttons faster. Tried, failed miserably. I am not a happy bunny. Mind you, I'm unhappy anyway, so this is all I need!