CrazyBoards.org

I’m constantly anxious. I don’t know what to do. I just feel so uneasy, uncomfortable and restless. Benzos are off the table. I’m still on a low dose of clonaz but tapering off it. It doesn’t work anymore anyway. I’ve never tried a TCA but anything fattening is not too appealing. I gained weight on Lyrica so gabapentin and lyrica are probably not a good idea either. Therapy doesn’t help. What can I do?

@mcjimjam It seems like your regimen isn't cutting it. Is this new symptom or has it always been the case? Can't see a med you're on that might exacerbate it, except for maybe Rexulti, or Prozac...You could maybe increase Seroquel or try a more calming AD (like Citalopram, Paxil) Effexor also is great (at least for me) at low doses for wiping out anxiety, but of course YMMV..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcjimjam said:

I’m constantly anxious. I don’t know what to do. I just feel so uneasy, uncomfortable and restless. Benzos are off the table. I’m still on a low dose of clonaz but tapering off it. It doesn’t work anymore anyway. I’ve never tried a TCA but anything fattening is not too appealing. I gained weight on Lyrica so gabapentin and lyrica are probably not a good idea either. Therapy doesn’t help. What can I do?

I agree with @Blahblah'  's suggestion of possibly increasing Seroquel, and maybe replacing Prozac with a more calming AD......Prozac tends to be stimulating for many people.

Also, I would suggest looking into Buspar (buspirone)....It is an anti-anxiety med.....It doesn't work for everyone, but might be worth a try for you.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

On 1/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, Blahblah said:

@mcjimjam It seems like your regimen isn't cutting it. Is this new symptom or has it always been the case? Can't see a med you're on that might exacerbate it, except for maybe Rexulti, or Prozac...You could maybe increase Seroquel or try a more calming AD (like Citalopram, Paxil) Effexor also is great (at least for me) at low doses for wiping out anxiety, but of course YMMV..

I can’t do Seroquel increase cuz it is giving me heat hives. I’m tapering off it. A different AD might be worth a try. I’ll ask the doc. Thanks.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:48 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

I agree with @Blahblah'  's suggestion of possibly increasing Seroquel, and maybe replacing Prozac with a more calming AD......Prozac tends to be stimulating for many people.

Also, I would suggest looking into Buspar (buspirone)....It is an anti-anxiety med.....It doesn't work for everyone, but might be worth a try for you.

I’ll keep buspar in mind, thanks.

Really low dose typical AP? If you and your pdoc feel you’ve gone through all the mainstream options 

3 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Really low dose typical AP? If you and your pdoc feel you’ve gone through all the mainstream options 

Stelazine! ❤️❤️❤️Definitely a life changer with me, alongside oxazepam and hydroxyzine pamoate.

If your signature is up to date, your thyroxine dose could possibly be too high and cause you to be hyperthyroid, which can definitely cause anxiety, but I'm sure you have regular blood testing done to keep up with that.

Another definite possibility is the phentermine. The first time I took it when I was still stimulant-naïve was like a panic attack in a pill for me. It still makes me pretty edgy as its predominantly noradrenergic.

What could possibly help at least the somatic symptoms of anxiety like jitteriness and racing heart/chest pain would be a beta blocker like propranolol. Sometimes a tiny dose of propranolol (10 mg) as needed from time to time is all people need, sometimes people need larger, regular doses, and for that the long acting version is in my opinion better, but the lowest dose it comes in is 60 mg, so you have to be taking at least that much to need it.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, mcjimjam said:

Risperidone was great for the "I'm going to have a seizure, heart attack, and stroke simultaneously" feeling. And for me it works well at very low doses. I liked 0.5mg in the morning and 1mg at night (1.5mg total). Any more than 2 or 2.5mg in one day and it makes me numb and depressed and is overkill.

Edited by Sephiroth999

On 1/14/2020 at 8:48 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

For me gabapentin and/or risperidone works for what he is describing. Gabapentin for "body" anxiety and risperidone for "mental" anxiety. Or both at times for me.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:48 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

Just be careful with Paxil should you be put on that. It has a very severe withdrawal syndrome that is said to be worse than Effexor's.

Celexa or Lexapro might be a good one for you, probably leaning more towards Lexapro.

BuSpar made me manic as hell, even 5 mg/day, just watch out for that one. It's a good drug for those for whom it works, but others it either doesn't do anything or it causes rage attacks (what happened with me, like super uncharacteristically rage-y).

My doctors haven’t changed any meds yet. I see a psychiatrist soon. I was thinking about trying a TCA since I never have.