CrazyBoards.org

On 1/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, Blahblah said:

Oh God - I know that book well. My first pdoc recommended it. I hate CBT also. I keep trying to take action, because I keep feeling like it's my damn fault or plain laziness. No one ever takes anhedonia seriously and I'm constantly questioning whether I have some sort of TRD or if I'm just f&cking lazy, or my brain is just destroyed and royally screwed (to the point of no return) after 2 decades of powerful psych meds.

That's me right there. My brain is irretrievably busted. By which means, I do not know but ultimately it doesn't matter - the fact is is that it's fooked.

• Sad 1

I moved my betta fish back to their original, larger tanks and can tell they feel much better rather than when they were in the 10 gallon tanks.

• Like 1

I got a long-overdue haircut and color.

ETA: I was able to complete some revising action items this evening (after three cups of tea and two cups of coffee, which is screwy).

Edited by Unstrung Harp
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 8:34 PM, Unstrung Harp said:

I was really flummoxed a few months ago at a Mexican restaurant to hear a swing version of Walk on the Wild Side.

Today I drove my kids to school, did a bunch of meditating, went to a medical appointment, and picked up my son.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:50 PM, Gearhead said:

Good idea for a thread.

Today I went out to lunch with my husband. We had Indian food, which is my favorite international cuisine. While we were there, I realized that the ambient music was a sitar player covering such classics as “Desparado” and CCR’s “Who’ll Stop the Rain?” It was a moment of transcendent surrealism. I was entranced. 

I was at the Olive Garden for a late lunch this week (please no judgement regarding my choice of restaurant) and in the midst of all this Frank Sinatra-y type background music with mostly typical Sinatra songs, I suddenly realize I'm listening to a cover of "Wonderwall" sung totally Frank Sinatra style. So that was weird.

But nothing tops the Chinese restaurant we used to go to that played the "Chariots of Fire" theme song on repeat pretty much every time we were there. The first time, it crept up on us slowly since it was background music, but once we realized it was there, it was unmistakable and could not be ignored. Over and over again with the crescendo-ing. Climax after climax. (Not a good thing in this case.)

Oh well, the food at that Chinese place eventually went downhill anyway. But yeah, forget waterboarding. Try "Chariots of Fire" on repeat.

Walked my dog, browsed forums, listened to music and played video games.

• Like 1

I thought about making fried eggs. This sounds incredibly lame, but it took a dazzling amount of mental energy. Because toast, too? In the end I made instant potatoes.

I was up way too late.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
      Even when my mood is stable (and I don't really feel depressed), I have excessive boredom... or is it laziness or Apathy? Especially since the confinement, nothing is open, nowhere to go, nowhere nice to even walk around to distract myself. I'm unemployed. It's been much worse. I can manage to do basic things on good days (like shower, exercise, go outside for a walk, cook, eat healthy)....but this literally is all I can do....
      I try to initiate something enjoyable (like reading a book, or doing something creative, listen to music) and I cannot engage. I have extreme resistance, cannot sustain any interest. It feels like a combination of boredom, resistance and apathy..... I do sort of enjoy some things (napping and watching netflix). But it is impossible to get myself to do anything productive. I feel lazy and worried I won't be able to function in a job.
      Since I do feel some pleasure in taking a shower, napping, I assume it isn't full anhedonia? There seems to be no cure for this, my pdoc seems to be pleased when I'm stable and not depressed. I've felt like this for many years and essentially just force myself to do everything....stimulants help me focus but they don't allow me to be interested in anything.... pdoc has no ideas & doesn't seem to think that this is depression.....or even worth treating. Help.
    • By Adolf
      "Best" as in being effective with fewer side effects. Which ones were the best for you? Which ones did you take? What condition(s) did you treat? What side effects did you get? How did the antipsychotics compare to "conventional" antidepressants?
      Can antipsychotics be an alternative to "conventional" antidepressants? What are the risks? What are the benefits? Do they make you a tomato with time? Psychiatrists prescribe them more often in recent times, it seems.
    • By Skeletor
      Why do strong SRIs (serotonin reuptake inhibitors) often cause / induce apathy, indifference and laziness? Maybe not in everyone, but it's one of the most common complaints. I regularly read about it on the internet. I myself was affected by it.
      My questions would be:
      1.) What causes it?
      2.) Were you affected?
      3.) Did you successfully get rid of these specific side effects? If so, how so?
      4.) Further comments regarding that "phenomenon"?
    • By Blahblah
      Have a strong itch to drop Effexor...(I won't go cold turkey). It stopped my dysphoric crying spells, but now, 10 months later, I'm feeling increasingly flat, apathetic, numb, no motivation (even after dropping to 75mg). I hate how all A/Ds have this lobotomy effect on me longterm. It's initially fine in acute episodes, I'm not sad now, but I can't function properly, and I continue to score Moderate-Severe on the depression scale.
      I think it's counteracting my Ritalin (which I increased to 30-40mg)? I don't want to increase Effexor above 150mg, I'd never be able to go off.
      I'm trying dosing at night instead, will this make any difference @mikl_pls ? I skipped yesterday's morning dose (then came the intense nausea, over stimulation & brain slosh awfulness @10 hours later) and I took my dose with dinner.
      I'm seriously considering going on low-dose mild SSRI instead (Prozac?) I'm sensitive to meds & side effects, and I'm also VERY worried about withdrawals. Especially from Effexor, they are the WORST, and I just read study that Effexor withdrawal syndrome is not dose-dependent:
      https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7402189_Venlafaxine_and_Serious_Withdrawal_Symptoms_Warning_to_Drivers
      https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/24/woman-shares-coming-off-antidepressant-ruined-life-7255570/