CrazyBoards.org

Hello.

Anybody here knowledgeable about astrophysics? It is one of my favorite subjects.

I hope to live to see Faster-than-Light travel to become ubiquitous. We have to find a way around Einstein's theory of relativity for this to happen.

I think we will have vehicles that can do this by 5000 a.d. , and then by 10,000 humanity would be certainly spread through the Milky Way Galaxy if not further... 12,020 a.d. = Star Wars meets "The Borg" in my view. Type II approaching Type III.

-Thanks for listening

I like astrophysics.  I am particularly interested in the theories surrounding the big bang and expansion of the universe....existing models do not quite explain the rate in which the universe is expanding, which means there is still something exciting out there we do not quite understand yet.  Love the ideas about the multiverse, so exciting.

Also interested  in quantum physics although I find it difficult to understand.  Again, the less we know the more the mystery.   All very fascinating.

• Like 1

Bah! It's not brain surgery. My interest is greater than my understanding. I've read about the theory of relativity and it all made perfect sense, for about 10 minutes. Then - Wait what? Quantum physics is easier because nobody knows what the fuck that's all about anyway. "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics." And then there's String theory, which might not be testable and might be bullshit. But it is all interesting.

• Like 1