CrazyBoards.org

On adderall for add but now Naltrexone for binge eating anybody take both together before??

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yaketyyak77 said:

What kinds of antidepressants can my doctor prescribe me without being taken off my usual adderall like he said he wouldn't? I didn't think you could take antidepressants on adderall? Seriously

You can... many people here have taken an antidepressant with a stimulant... there would be lots of options, given that your doc is willing to monitor it 

1 hour ago, Yaketyyak77 said:

What kinds of antidepressants can my doctor prescribe me without being taken off my usual adderall like he said he wouldn't? I didn't think you could take antidepressants on adderall? Seriously

You can take antidepressants and stimulants. Were you told this BS too? My best friend's doctor told him that, then turned around and prescribed our other best friend Adderall XR with an antidepressant, and he is deathly thin might I add. Hypocrite... But yeah, you can take SSRIs, SNRIs, SMSs, SARIs, TCAs, and MAOIs (with very close monitoring and very carefully) with stimulants.

Were you taken off your stimulant?

• 1 year later...

Hi there yes you can be prescribed both an antidepressant and a stimulant. I’ve been on many different antidepressants while also on adderall or Vyvanse. The interaction  and concern from the doctor could be abuse of the stimulant because it’s very easy to happen and also Serotonin syndrome. However this can easily be managed with regular check ins