CrazyBoards.org

clinic

How to consistently take your prx meds and its dose regularly without forgetting ?

I would like to know what solutions you guys use to consistently take your meds regularly without forgetting and without double dosing.

I use a weekly pill box ... actually two boxes, one for morning meds and one for evening. I fill them on Sunday and then I can see if I took my meds each day or not.

i take mine when i wake up and when i go to bed. having it as part of my routine makes it easier for me. specifically, i take my morning meds right before i leave my bedroom in the morning after getting dressed. i also have an app on my phone that reminds me to take my meds, and and allows me to check off that i have so i can go back and look if i need to. having a calendar by your meds can also work -- put a check mark on the day after you take them.

i've seen some people say they turn the pill bottle upside down after taking morning meds, and then put it right side up after taking evening meds.

pill boxes seem to be really popular for folks who take larger cocktails or doses multiple times a day.

Phone app + pill organizer (4 doses per day) for me

I like both Med Helper and Medisafe.

Edited by mikl_pls

12 hours ago, clinic said:

I would like to know what solutions you guys use to consistently take your meds regularly without forgetting and without double dosing.

I use a task app on Android and set up reminders for every dose. There are medication apps for that kind of thing too, but none of them took. Was kind of a pain to have two different apps. 

22 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

I use a weekly pill box ... actually two boxes, one for morning meds and one for evening. I fill them on Sunday and then I can see if I took my meds each day or not.

This is basically what I do....Fill up pill box once a week with morning and evening meds.....Works well for me.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

22 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

10 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

This is basically what I do....Fill up pill box once a week with morning and evening meds.....Works well for me.

i have 2 pill boxes

invariably neglect to fill them

the up side is that i get to have a false sense of security

but, i am hopeless. Couldn't organise a root in a brothel :dunce:

I use an alarm clock (Alarm Klock) on my Android which has a big SNOOZE button and a Dismiss slider.  It goes off twice a day, and if I'm not where I can take my meds, I snooze instead of dismissing.  It makes a big difference.  You have to train yourself not to dismiss unless you can take the meds right then.

Weekly pill boxes for each time of day. I fill them on Thursday nights because I see my pdoc on Friday. If I need a refill, I know then. My pharmacy is in the same building as pdoc's office.

I currently take meds 4x/day. I try to tie the dosing to routine times. Getting up (take when I use the bathroom after waking in the morning), going to bed, lunch time and when I get home from work.

The middle doses are harder to manage with a flexible schedule. I use an alarm on my phone to make sure they happen at the same time every day, no matter if I'm working or not. Like someone else, I hit snooze if I can't take them right then. It takes discipline to not dismiss the alarm. It's worth it.

I still miss my meds sometimes. The pill boxes let me know if that's why I feel poorly - or, conversely, if it's not why I feel poorly.

i discovered another solution, after taking my pills, i write down how many pills are left in a strip so that the next day i can count how many pills are left and if i have taken the pills or not.

I use this thing called a Webster pack. It’s a blister sheet with a weeks worth of meds. Each morning you pop out the morning bubble and then afternoon, evening and so on. It’s been a lifesaver. So much easier.

Google Calendar sends notifications of when I need to take meds to my phone. I only acknowledge these notifications after I take my pills.