CrazyBoards.org

This is placed somewhat ironically in the relationship section, but I couldn’t come up with a better category.

i have a woman I’ve been talking to who is purely interested in sex play (of a particular type but I’ll avoid the details).  I’m equally interested in this activity and it’s been a while since I’ve had sex, so I’m willing to see if I can pull off a sex-only relationship.  (She said she could do a relationship if it feels right, but that her main purpose was satisfying sex stuff.)

has anyone successfully pulled off a sex only, relationship not required or desired situation?  What do you feel like made it work?  Or if it didn’t, what made it not work?

she knows that I’m looking for a relationship and that I’ll be continuing to do that while we play around.

5 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

has anyone successfully pulled off a sex only, relationship not required or desired situation?  What do you feel like made it work?  Or if it didn’t, what made it not work?

Yes.......Many years ago, in my twenties, I had a couple of sex-only relationships with male friends, that worked out good.....I feel that what made those work was being totally honest about things.....At the time, I was not interested in a romantic relationship, and they weren't either.....I think the most important thing in a sex-only relationship is that you and the other person be totally honest and up front with each other.

From your post, I think both you and this other lady are being honest, so IMO, I think it could work.

thanks @CrazyRedhead that makes sense.  My tdoc this evening largely said the same thing--set the boundaries and make sure you're still taking your time to search for something long-term, which is what you really want.

Started out "sex only" ten years ago, and now we're married. But definitely started explicitly not looking for a relationship. 

I've had such relationships in the past, and they now give me mixed feelings. In some instances the ended well, neither of us wanting to pursue further relationship-status. However for however many times that's happened I'd say double that has occurred where either of us started to develop feelings. Any relationships that ended up coming of fruition from "sex-only" ended up being short lived (several months to a year at max).

But, I know that there is more out there than what I've experienced and I hope however it turns out for you is as you wish for it to. :)

I have but it does need to be open. And I think it’s easy to start expecting a bit more. I haven’t found them to be great but I decided they keep me from looking for what I want more. I think be aware of how it’s going and then act accordingly. 

Possible.  I’m switching to a different online dating platform because OKC wasn’t getting me anywhere.  We will see if the new one does any better.