CrazyBoards.org

OCD cure without meds?

All antidepressants gives me anxiety attack(crying) unless i take high dose benzo along with it. But high dose benzo causes severe sleepiness through out the day. Right now im taking 10mg clobazam(benzo), if i increase it to 20mg then i will be able to take other SSRIs and might cure my ocd but at the cost of sleeping all day. Other benzos didnt help me.

Are there any other ocd solutions for me ? What about supplements ?

Edited by clinic

41 minutes ago, clinic said:

Are there any other ocd solutions for me ?

ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention) therapy is considered to be the "gold standard" of therapy for OCD patients.

https://www.nbiweston.com/blog/2018/september/what-is-the-best-therapy-for-ocd-is-erp-the-best/

You can do ERP whjile still taking your meds.......The important thing with ERP therapy, is that you must find a therapist that is properly trained in it.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention) therapy is considered to be the "gold standard" of therapy for OCD patients.

https://www.nbiweston.com/blog/2018/september/what-is-the-best-therapy-for-ocd-is-erp-the-best/

You can do ERP while still taking your meds.......The important thing with ERP therapy, is that you must find a therapist that is properly trained in it.

and does relapse happen in ERP ?

11 minutes ago, clinic said:

and does relapse happen in ERP ?

Sometimes full remissions can happen with ERP, and sometimes there are partial remissions, meaning that someone can improve their OCD symptoms, but still have some symptoms left.

So yes, OCD can possibly relapse, even with treatment....I'm not a doctor, but IMO, it is a chronic condition, and something you always have to be aware of.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I have severe OCD and no med has been able to touch it. Some tdocs/pdocs say that therapy is the best treatment whereas others say a combo of meds and therapy work best. I'm lucky to have a therapist that specializes in OCD and I have an OCD group I attend. For me, exposure has been the best treatment. The goal isn't to eliminate all OCD but make it more manageable.