CrazyBoards.org

I tried it twice - once because it was prescribed while I was in an inpatient drug rehab, and again about a decade later in conjunction with other meds.  I don't remember the dose, but I know it was low.  The only thing I recall about it is that it did absolutely nothing for me either time. No side effects, no positive effects - basically no effect at all.  That's not to say it's totally useless as a med, just that it didn't work for me. My pdoc wasn't inclined to try higher doses, and we moved on to other things.

I've not seen it mentioned much on CB. Can you tell us why your pdoc wants to prescribe it?

1 hour ago, MiaB said:

I tried it twice - once because it was prescribed while I was in an inpatient drug rehab, and again about a decade later in conjunction with other meds.  I don't remember the dose, but I know it was low.  The only thing I recall about it is that it did absolutely nothing for me either time. No side effects, no positive effects - basically no effect at all.  That's not to say it's totally useless as a med, just that it didn't work for me. My pdoc wasn't inclined to try higher doses, and we moved on to other things.

I've not seen it mentioned much on CB. Can you tell us why your pdoc wants to prescribe it?

I am not sure why he wants to prescribe it. I am already on clozapine and Invega Sustenna injection. He indicated to me that this flupentixol stuff is really good at low doses. He might be correct.