CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
jeva39

Does the form signed before being admitted to a mental hospital in the US allow the staff to do more or less anything they want to, free from accountability for outcome or damage done?

I'm not trying to upset anyone here, I'm genuinely interested after what I've gone through the past several months, which I don't feel comfortable going into detail here.

Edited by jeva39

1 hour ago, jeva39 said:

I'm not trying to upset anyone here, I'm genuinely interested after what I've gone through the past several months, which I don't feel comfortable going into detail here.

Did you go into the hospital voluntarily or was it involuntary admission?...

I'm pretty certain that hospital staff in any hospital, would never be allowed to abuse patients, without consequences.

If you feel you were mistreated, you should make a complaint about it to the hospital, or your local authorities.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

They are not free to do whatever.  Whether they are free to do what happened to you would depend on the facts, which I know you're not comfortable reporting. So I don't think I can do better than that.

I can't promise you either way, which I would think is probably pretty frustrating.  I can tell you that I've been in a very paranoid situation involving a hospital before and learned (once I stabilized) that they weren't in fact doing what my paranoid and delusional brain thought they were doing.  (I had become convinced that they were operating a crematorium in the hospital...so different situation from yours). I think it's hard to trust memories related to hospital stays because by definition your brain has to be pretty out of control to warrant you being there.

I don't k now if that helps at all. I'm sure I won't be the only one to chime in.