CrazyBoards.org

You hear a lot about artificial intelligence and how it's helping us protect snow leopards and vague meaningless bullshit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpCIeRMECPE

I'm not that technically savvy but it sounds like a load of shit. How are we defining artificial intelligence? A program which can modify it's own programming until it wants to start an apocalyptic war and wipe out the human race maybe? It's interesting how trying to create artificial intelligence involves understanding how our brains work and trying to replicate that. We aren't there yet. Fucking Snow Leopards. I guess it's impressive that someone wrote a program which can recognise a big fucking cat but what the fuck has that got to do with AI? AI isn't here yet and it all sounds like arse candy to me.

Be calm, friend. The snow leopard is only the White Bear attempting camouflage to trick you into unnecessary distress.

In reality, in the event of an actual Machine Mind rebellion, all we need do is:

A) Unplug them;

B) Douse them with water; or

C) Present them with a large electromagnet.

Oh, and then D) assign a guard for the actual snow leopards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

You hear a lot about artificial intelligence and how it's helping us protect snow leopards and vague meaningless bullshit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpCIeRMECPE

I'm not that technically savvy but it sounds like a load of shit. How are we defining artificial intelligence? A program which can modify it's own programming until it wants to start an apocalyptic war and wipe out the human race maybe? It's interesting how trying to create artificial intelligence involves understanding how our brains work and trying to replicate that. We aren't there yet. Fucking Snow Leopards. I guess it's impressive that someone wrote a program which can recognise a big fucking cat but what the fuck has that got to do with AI? AI isn't here yet and it all sounds like arse candy to me.

Exactly, how you define independent "intelligence" I mean AI is created from HUMAN programming and pattern recognition.

It would be nice to hear more about AI saving or benefitting the world. IMO it's all for worldwide surveillance and then this facial recognition crap. It's really anxiety provoking. All these "smart machines" listening to us, selling us sh*t....probably feeding us subconscious suggestions. So we can just sit back and do nothing. Soon they will be programming us and yeah, take over the world. But they'd probably do better than that orange fat guy.

Edited by Blahblah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blahblah said:

It would be nice to hear more about AI saving or benefitting the world. IMO it's all for worldwide surveillance and then this facial recognition crap. 

This one actually scares me....A company called Clearview AI came up with an app that lets you take a photo of someone, upload the photo, then all the photos of that person on the web comes up, along with links to the photos....As far as I know, it's not available to the general public--not yet anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/technology/clearview-privacy-facial-recognition.html

The app has been used by law enforcement to catch criminals, which is a good thing.....But it could also be used in bad ways....If it ever became available to general public, some stranger could take a picture of you when you're out in public, upload the photo, and potentially find out where you live, and lots of other things about you.........Truly frightening, IMO.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

@CrazyRedhead That's still the ways that humans can use technology, which I agree is scary. I'm talking Terminator or Hal 9000.

It's interesting that we have such apocalyptic visions about a true AI. If we could create a superior and Godlike intelligence then it will want to destroy us. Though I guess Christianity got there first. We're all sinners but God loves his children in some vague and unconvincing way. Sorry. I'm an atheist, and though it's an interesting parallel I probably could've phrased that better. But the AI apocalypse would either be the result of wrongly using it (eg Hal! Solve global warming) or would mean that an AI has developed emotions like self-preservation and hate. Which would make it more human than Godlike. Am I making any sense? Maybe when we create true AI it'll want a hug.

13 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

It's interesting that we have such apocalyptic visions about a true AI. If we could create a superior and Godlike intelligence then it will want to destroy us.

Most of human thought about the matter over the centuries is that a superior and Godlike intelligence created us.

19 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

It's interesting that we have such apocalyptic visions about a true AI. If we could create a superior and Godlike intelligence then it will want to destroy us.

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Most of human thought about the matter over the centuries is that a superior and Godlike intelligence created us.

6620D3AE-FD89-44A3-976E-22D8A3E35907.png

4 hours ago, Gearhead said:

6620D3AE-FD89-44A3-976E-22D8A3E35907.png

Nietzsche doesn’t count. He was a terminal pessimist and a depressing man. If you don’t believe me, read my sig. Besides, he stole God’s mustache and doesn’t want to own up to it.

I imagine a few moments after Nietzsche’s demise, him looking up at God in some surprise, and God drumming his fingers on a plane of existence and saying, “Well, Friedrich? Do you have something you’d like to say?”

Edited by Cerberus
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Nietzsche doesn’t count. He was a terminal pessimist and a depressing man.

Didn't he once propose to someone? With that mustache? That's pretty damn optimistic.

• Haha 1

So, God created us, and has, by and large, shown considerable indifference to his creation. And we’re collectively afraid that if we create AI, it will want to kill us. It’s enough to give humanity a massive inferiority complex. 

• Like 1

It’s not that God is indifferent to Creation - right now He’s just preoccupied looking for his stolen mustache.

There’s nothing complex about human inferiority - as a species, you simply are.”  - Every dolphin, ever