CrazyBoards.org

confused

Ran out of things to talk about

I am seeing a new therapist.  I told her at the end of our first session that I want to delve into the past because I think it is affecting me today, at the end of the session.  It took me the whole time to get the nerve to bring it up. Today, I went through my husband, kids, dog, work, anxiety. Everything is okay.  I ran out of things to say so I left early. I will try to plan for next time. I am not sure how to tell my therapist that I think I have more to say, I just don’t know how to get it out.  Not sure where to begin.

that sounds frustrating.

do you know of things but then struggle to express them?  what about doing something in writing?  maybe things will flow more easily that way?

I've used that one before to get things moving.

I think i will try writing some things down beforehand.  It may just take me a bit to get comfortable, I guess.  

On 1/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, confused said:

I am seeing a new therapist.  I told her at the end of our first session that I want to delve into the past because I think it is affecting me today, at the end of the session.  It took me the whole time to get the nerve to bring it up. Today, I went through my husband, kids, dog, work, anxiety. Everything is okay.  I ran out of things to say so I left early. I will try to plan for next time. I am not sure how to tell my therapist that I think I have more to say, I just don’t know how to get it out.  Not sure where to begin.

When I get this way I rub acupressure points on myself.

• Like 1