CrazyBoards.org

So I was on 550mg Clozapine, brand name Clozaril. Went to some labs for blood serum levels given my failing heart and they found out that 550mg was a toxic dose for me. Moral of the story: always check your health.

2 hours ago, Simba Cub said:

So I was on 550mg Clozapine, brand name Clozaril. Went to some labs for blood serum levels given my failing heart and they found out that 550mg was a toxic dose for me. Moral of the story: always check your health.

I’ve had that happen too, given I don’t metabolize cloz very fast, so I was on a “medium low dose” and no one expected it to jack up my level so much. Does pdoc plan to lower it now? 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:50 PM, Iceberg said:

I’ve had that happen too, given I don’t metabolize cloz very fast, so I was on a “medium low dose” and no one expected it to jack up my level so much. Does pdoc plan to lower it now? 

We're stable, racketing the meds up using another concoction - Trifluoperazine (but we have Olanzapine in the bag as a backup. I tolerated it really well, it just didn't have the push); however, Olanzapine plus Clozapine = sleeping 23 hours a day!

1 hour ago, Simba Cub said:

We're stable, racketing the meds up using another concoction - Trifluoperazine (but we have Olanzapine in the bag as a backup. I tolerated it really well, it just didn't have the push); however, Olanzapine plus Clozapine = sleeping 23 hours a day!

What are you at on the trifluoperazine? (Sorry I’m on a phone) 

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

What are you at on the trifluoperazine? (Sorry I’m on a phone) 

10mg... however, there seems to be some disagreement as to whether THIS is a poisoning dose as well! So doctors are talking to doctors and If should know within the week one way or the other.

The standard of care in the USA is that if you take a number of pills or just one that is known to be hard on the body you should be doing labs every 3 months to check liver and kidney function. Do you really want to wait 6 months or a year to find out a med(s) you take is damaging your liver or kidney ? A CBC (complete blood count) and comprehensive metabolic panel are usually done, too.