1. 1. Which Atypical Ap are you taking?

• Clozaril / Clozapine
    • Seroquel / Quetiapine Fumarate
    • Geodon / Ziprasidone
    • Abilify / Aripiprazole
    • Risperdal / Risperidone
    • Zyprexa / Olanzapine
    • Other

Hi guys, lets have a look at some statistics on which Ap's we are all on.

This is an anonymous poll, but please feel free to post if you wish.

Edited by chimpmaster

i'm on 200mg of seroquel, mainly for sleep and anxiety but it gets rid of those nasty paranoid thoughts, and it stops me from beating myself up after fauz pas.  I've had a huge problem with that.. it's tied in with my social anxiety.

a couple of years ago my previous shrink put me on seroquel coz i was hypomanic.  he increased the dose, like, from 100mg every two or three days, and I was a wreck... he had no idea what he was doing... and my current shrink agrees with me on that one.

Seroquel seems to be the AAP de rigeur...

I take 30mgs Abilify for psychosis, it doesn't do much but it makes life a bit more tolerable...

Seroquel 200mg AM, 400mg PM.  I gained a monstrous amount of weight on Zyprexa, and couldn't stay awake.  I still have had some weight gain with the Seroquel, but nothing like the Z.  And I'm awake.  Works for me.

Abilify.  I thought it wasn't doing much until I quit.  It's actually a pretty good antimanic, not as fast as Zyprexa but kinder and gentler.

sg

now back on Abilify, 15 mg, only with weirdly colored hair this time

wow...........I've tried them all. ;)

I currently take clozaril, but Zyprexa really worked for me in the past...although the weight gain was awful. 

Unfortunately, I am one of the "wow, I feel okay again...I must not need my medication anymore" kind of patient.  Consequently, I have blown through a lot of different meds.

Risperdal 2 mg. It seems to be doing its job, although I hate the sleepiness right now. I'm blaming it for a little weight gain, not too bad, but I'm struggling to lose 10 lbs, and it's hard.

Geodon. Works like a charm.

Oh, and I'm also on Fluanxol (old school AP), but it doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Zyprexa (And I eat and I eat and I eat. Mmm, hold your breath guys, One Fat Chick coming soon to a store near you....)

Anyway!

I also take Thorazine (generic is chlorpromazine). Lovely old school AP with nice sedating properties. I'd love to be on it on it's own instead of with Fat-rexa. Things may be heading that way.

Chimpy: Geodon isn't that popular as it's often not the most effective med for either schz. or bp, but it does decent anti-obsessive / anti-rummative properties.  I also found it to be virtually side effect free.  The showstopper for me was the halflife.  I forget to pick up a refill and missed one dose.  24 hours later I was so fucked up that I couldn't drive to pick up the refill.  I'm way too scattered to take something where I can't ever miss a dose. 

If you're dealing with OCD with ruminations and occasional generic paranoia and magical thinking it's definitely worth checking out.  Just remeber to pick up  your meds on time.

The showstopper for me was the halflife.  I forget to pick up a refill and missed one dose.  24 hours later I was so fucked up that I couldn't drive to pick up the refill.  I'm way too scattered to take something where I can't ever miss a dose. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, the half life is a bitch. At first I was taking it once a day which meant half a day of pure stableness (is that even a word?). And then... things went downhill. Now I take it twice a day, and that works great.

I'm pretty good at taking my meds at the right time, thanks to the alarm function on my cell phone.

600mg/day of Seroquel here -- divided into four doses (no big deal, I take other meds at those times too).

It works well for me, keeps the intrusive thoughts, 'voices,' background anxiety, and such at bay.

Fiona

I'm on

zyprexa:  I eat less and get a good night sleep and the racing thoughts are put at bay during the day.

Abilify: too much makes me manic again.  10mg makes me just able to deal with and cope with the paranoid fears.

Whither amisulpride? Am I the only one in the world who takes this drug?? I know my pharmacy has to order in extra supplies every time my prescription is up for renewal.

Amisulpride=solian? Anyone? Or is it a really bad antiquated drug and i should really be taking abilify??

At least abilify might help me lose weight.

lost Posted Today, 12:48 AM

Whither amisulpride? Am I the only one in the world who takes this drug?? I know my pharmacy has to order in extra supplies every time my prescription is up for renewal.

Amisulpride=solian? Anyone? Or is it a really bad antiquated drug and i should really be taking abilify??

I used to take amisulpride/Solian. It was very very helpful (particularly no sedation) and worked a charm but had hormonal side effects I was not prepared to put up with. As far as I know it is an atypical anti-psychotic  and not an antiquated drug but is not prescribed in the USA, only the UK and other countries (I have no idea why it is not prescribed in the US).

As for switching to abilify (which IS known for being weight neutral, not sure about solian), I guess it depends on how happy you are with solian's effectiveness. Personally I find abilify to be quite ineffective and I am at the highest dose (it removes about 30% of my symptoms - makes them bearable) but then for other people it works great. I have little to no side effects from abilify. Hope this helps you.

;) started with haloperidol 1992 - non-compliant, risperidone - non-compliant, clozaril 1994-2005, changed to solian because of diabetes occurrence. Weight gain of 25kg over 13 yrs. (also long term chronic fatigue since 1983). Had breast malignant lump removed 2003. Increased energy with solian, needed less sleep - 12-13 hrs/night on clozaril. Came down with a bout of 'flu 2 mths after commencing solian, which I believe caused a reaction. Tremors, vomiting, inability to relax and sit still. Didn't sleep for 3-4 nights, stopped taking meds because of reactions and relapsed. Given depo injection (older version) - terrible, esp restlessness and agitation, swapped to abilify - just as bad with dry eyes, terrible insomnia and needing to go to toilet 3-4 times /night. Back on solian, reduced dose - 50 mg, 150mg gave a rash. Have had fibromyalgia in back & shoulders since taking solian & 'flu last year. Use nutritional support. Ceased taking approx 2mths ago - too busy getting prescription then misplaced when moving house, felt quite stable. Another 'flu virus last week, felt anxious'/unstable, vulnerable, decided to recommence - 100mg this morning. Fibromyalgia worsened very noticeably this afternoon, also tenderness in breast where lump removed. I did experience lactation one time after eating non-organic chicken (added hormones?) also, last year. So did google search, read some med info, am a bit worried about cancer comments and don't like fibromyalgia. Not sure what to do next.

I'm on solian 100mg- best so far, really shifted lack of energy after 20+ yrs of cfs, but am now worried about prolactin effects also possible fibromyalgia, but better than relapsing

I take 20mg of Zyprexa. After the first month the food issue went away.

take care

trg247