1. 1. Which Atypical Ap are you taking?

• Clozaril / Clozapine
    • Seroquel / Quetiapine Fumarate
    • Geodon / Ziprasidone
    • Abilify / Aripiprazole
    • Risperdal / Risperidone
    • Zyprexa / Olanzapine
    • Other

I take Clozaril, 300mg/day. I'm also on ativan.

The Clozaril is the best medication I've been on.

None.

And I haven't taken any since the Spring. First time in 4 years I've been AAP free and I love it!

Formerly-

Zyprexa

Abilify

Seroquel

Abilify

Seroquel

Risperdal

Seroquel

SZS

Edited by sun_zoom_spark

1mg Abilify, and for now Zyprexa, but that's my emergency med. I was on 5mg at the peak of the manic episode that made it my emergency med, now 1.25mg bid, and that probably only for a month or two more. I may go back up to 2mg Abilify when the Z goes.

Was on Zyprexa for a good length and it worked very well but my body could not handle the sixty plus weight gain and climbing that came with it.

Seroquel has been started in the last month and it seems to be working well. Right now its a matter of figuring out the right dosage and times to maintain through out the day. 75mg at bedtime to slow my head down so I am able to sleep. 75mg midday to slow me back down for a few hours (around 4 hrs I think its somewhat effective for). Next month unless something changes before my appointment I think I am going to add another dose for the morning and increase the amounts.

take care

trg247

Zyprexa since my recent (and first) hospital stay. I have gained about 25 lbs in 6 weeks. Now I've started on Topamax and we'll see if that helps counteract the weight gain.

the last time i posted in this thread i was still on risperdal, but i've since changed to abilify.

my pdoc never told me about risp's side effects, but i did my homework on my own and knew the possibilitis. however, i just knew it could cause lactation, not the host of post-partum symptoms i had- without being post partum! that really sucked.

i take abilify now, and i'm side-effect free so far. when i went off of abilify once (bad loon, not under pdoc's supervision), i felt really crappy, so it does work.

Heheh, as of yesterday, none!

Show-off!

Hey CER, where ya been?

No AP, but drats, Depakote in the mix. I'm far too dull headed these days to claim bragging rights.

Heheh, as of yesterday, none!

Show-off!

Hey CER, where ya been?

No AP, but drats, Depakote in the mix. I'm far too dull headed these days to claim bragging rights.

Super busy. School has been just piling it on me, and being the super-genius that I am I just love to be inefficient and take three times as long to complete a task as I should. ;)

Talking about dull headed...during my appointment with the neurologist yesterday I complained that I couldn't stay on task with anything anymore. I would just wander from here to there like Moses looking for the promised land, and would get distracted faster than a 21 year-old male at the Playboy Mansion. She gave me some samples of Provigil to try. I'm becoming medicated to the gills!

Talking about dull headed...during my appointment with the neurologist yesterday I complained that I couldn't stay on task with anything anymore. I would just wander from here to there like Moses looking for the promised land, and would get distracted faster than a 21 year-old male at the Playboy Mansion. She gave me some samples of Provigil to try. I'm becoming medicated to the gills!

Haha, everything shy of the 21 y/o hanging with Heff I relate to 100%! It's the 'where am I' when driving that gets disconcerting. Only a couple times, really, it's safe to drive w/me on the road, really! ;) But seriously, I talked to my pdoc about Provigil. Her response was to get a sleep study w/the results necessary for my insurance to cover those little $8 pills. In other words, no samples. I may actually have sleep apnea and know I could create it with a little Seroquel. I sort of do see that study in the future all mostly for access to trying those precious little pills. Ah, to read a novel again. How do they work for you?

Congrats on school, btw. Tough stuff even for the unmedicated mentally uninteresting.

Haha, everything shy of the 21 y/o hanging with Heff I relate to 100%! It's the 'where am I' when driving that gets disconcerting. Only a couple times, really, it's safe to drive w/me on the road, really! ;) But seriously, I talked to my pdoc about Provigil. Her response was to get a sleep study w/the results necessary for my insurance to cover those little $8 pills. In other words, no samples. I may actually have sleep apnea and know I could create it with a little Seroquel. I sort of do see that study in the future all mostly for access to trying those precious little pills. Ah, to read a novel again. How do they work for you?

Congrats on school, btw. Tough stuff even for the unmedicated mentally uninteresting.

Yeah. I wasn't expecting her to give them to me - she actually brought it up! ("Have you ever heard of a medicine called "Provigil?"...) I'm still not sure if it's the answer or not, and I still need to see what my pdoc has to say about it (watch him flip!) My insurance will probably shoot it down too with my luck. I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks so we'll see what he has to say.

I do need to figure something out though. My productivity has been getting steadily worse this past month, and I'm going to crash and burn pretty soon if I'm not careful.

6 mg Risperdal at the moment (2mg more than Dr said but then I was supposed to be taking Zyprexa also and less said about that one the better. Not usable)

Previously at various times (with or without other meds):

Risperdal in various doses from 1mg - 8 mg (the 8mg was my idea and wasn't nice)

Risperdal and Abilify at the same time (twitch city)

Abilify (did nothing by itself)

Zyprexa (bleh)

So yeah back on Risp which they took me off a few months back due to multiple Prolactin caused issues. Its good stuff, and really helps with the ASD sort of ass-hattedness.

I've taken almost all of the atypical anti-psychotics. The only aap I haven't taken is geodon. Right now I take zyprexa zydis and it seems to be a better med for me than the others have been.

I take my Zyprexa Zydis every night @ 8pm

Edited by netsavy006

Brand Risperdal. I take the 0.5's twice a day.

I LOVE Risperdal!!! There are no side effects at this dosage. There was

only one side effect, lethargy which dissapeared in a couple weeks.

It helps my racing thoughts and agitation, helps anxiety too. It

mixes very nicely with my other meds.

Guest eden vonschnauzer

i'm taking seroquel 300mg after having started on 25mg a little over a month ago. i've been on the 300mg for a few weeks. i've been cutting more and throwing up but i don't think it's the seroquel, i think it might be something else but i don't know what yet.

how many weeks should i wait until i see a SIGNIFICANT difference on the meds? ironically, even though i've been cutting more, i've noticed that i'm not as anxious as i used to be.

a really great thing about the med is that it gets me to bed at a decent time, something that i'd never been able to do before because i'd procrastinate like crazy. the meds make me sleepy so i just take them about an hour before i plan to go to bed.

also, when i'm not in binging-and-purging mode, i'm more mindful of what i eat on the seroquel.

i'd really love some feedback on how long it's taken seroquel-takers to see the positive effects of the meds. i've noticed that they also make me a tad less paranoid at times.

I'm taking Seroquel XR 450 and Zyprexa 20mg.

I noticed a difference in symptom relief after about a week on the Seroquel.

It took approx. 2 weeks to get past the side-effects.