1. 1. Which Atypical Ap are you taking?

• Clozaril / Clozapine
    • Seroquel / Quetiapine Fumarate
    • Geodon / Ziprasidone
    • Abilify / Aripiprazole
    • Risperdal / Risperidone
    • Zyprexa / Olanzapine
    • Other

I'm currently taking 3 mgs risperdal. It really helps with agitation, ruminations, and so many other symptoms with NO side effects at all.

I'm currently taking 300 mg of Seroquel throughout the day and 200mg at night to serve as a "chill out" and a mood stabilizer while I taper off all my meds and start my combo over.

Just started abilify on top of my lamictal. I'm at 5mg atm... haha. It's to see if it will help with the depression the lamictal didn't seem to address. They don't want to put me on an AD since zoloft made me craaazzzzyyyyy. ;)

Im currently taking seroquel 400mg.

It's been massivly helpful, just makes me feel totally normal and calm . Think this is what normal people must feel like ;)

Was taking olanzapine/zyprexa , Which to be fair probably saved my life. But also made me put on 2 stone and sleep and sleep and sleep.

Seroquel has been pretty damn good actully.

Where is invega(paliperidone) in the poll?

Invega wasn't marketed at the time of the poll just to let you know.

{didn't realize I had previously posted}

Edited by Swamp56

I'm on 6mg of Invega (it's a Risperdal metabolite I think). I've been on most of the atypicals on the list in the past though. ;)

With the aid of the nurse practitioner at program I got back on Zyprexa and this time I'm not going off. I'm going to chance the risks of Zyprexa. I don't care what the psychiatrist has to say when he sees me. I was still mood unstable and having visual hallucinations. I needed something. I'll chance the weight gain, high cholesterol, and diabetes. I'll just do my best with diet and exercise to control these factors. I'm still a skinny boy. I find out my weight next week when I see my MD anyway.

Geodon. Works like a charm.

Oh, and I'm also on Fluanxol (old school AP), but it doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Just started Geodon and not as experienced as some with all of the drugs this has made me drowsy, drop down drowsy and restless at the same time.

Will this wear off? Does anyone know?

Geodon. Works like a charm.

Oh, and I'm also on Fluanxol (old school AP), but it doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Just started Geodon and not as experienced as some with all of the drugs this has made me drowsy, drop down drowsy and restless at the same time.

Will this wear off? Does anyone know?

As the siggy says, 160mg of geodon...recently switched back to taking it all at night. I don't seem to have a problem with the half life thing. What's it do for me? Not real sure. I feel better on it than I did before. I guess my pdoc is using it a mood stabiliser. And it's pretty well side effect free. Except when I was splitting the dose and took 80mg in the morning, I'd be ass dragging all day. Which is why I went back to taking it all at night. I love what it's done for my apetite. I don't feel like I wanna eat everything in the house.

I'm on zyprexa usually 10mg. When things get hairy, 15mg. the weight I have gained has been hard on my back, which gave out about a month ago and that was a big pain. but I can handle pretty much anything that's thrown my way if I just can keep my wits about me. and it took alot of growing up to get to the point where I can say that and where I take my zyprexa consistently.