CrazyBoards.org

How many real friends do you have?

I was watching the new season of the Sopranos.  Tony tells AJ, "I don't care how good your friends are...friends always let you down.  You can only trust family."

Sometimes I feel like this.  I always feel disappointed by my friends in the end.  Sometimes I'll feel close to them, feel I have people to talk with and share the good things in my life, and then at other times your relationship is more distant and/or faded...this is sad, especially when it seems that several have grown distant at once!

I have one person I can trust in this world, which is my husband. Friends have let me down, and family has let me down equally. I do have one very good friend, but am being reserved about opening myself up too much.

Heya devon00,

DH, I think.

My FP.

My sister most days.

And my one friend.

Whatever.

I like being alone.

My psychiatrist tells me this is okay, and is very encouraging about my having made a friend.  We had a talk about what it means (to me) to have a friend.

I think this is different for everyone.

DH for example, and my sister moreso, have a *lot* of friends.

That seems very exhausting to me, really.

--ncc--

i dont really have any good friends, i do have 1 friend who i am quite close with and have been through a lot with. but she will leave me standing alone the second a guy glances in her direction. So as nice as she is i would never really trust her with anything important.

they all disappeared...all one of them.....but she has MS and suffers intermittent depression and anger and doesn't need another needy depressive around... ... ;) ...an ex uni friend writes occasionally...I see folks at work...but that's not social....

family....just mum n dad...am growing up and away from them, and they don't even know what I'm going through...

I know 3 people who I consider trustworthy & loyal.

My hubby, a girl I've known since Jr. High, & a guy

who saved me from suicide 15 years ago (who I also

briefly dated at the time.)  I am hard to really know &

I tend to bond with others who are hard to know.  I

very rarely call the 2 friends, much less get together with

them.  I believe there is a thread connecting us and if I ever

need them I just give it a tug & they are there. 

2 friends I never see, but still seem to care, maybe not as much as they used to.  Everyone else has abandoned me.  Most of the time I don't even care, but today I feel worthless and alone, despite the fact that I have a partner who still loves me for some reason.  I can't imagine why.  I drive everyone away.

My dog loves me unconditionally.

DH for example, and my sister moreso, have a *lot* of friends.

That seems very exhausting to me, really.

--ncc--

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly!!! 

That's why I have one friend.  My dear husband has been my best friend for 19 years and, as of the last 15 years, really my ONLY friend.

aimee

I have one real friend. The only times I'm not in my house that I feel safe, are when she is with me. And even then, every other day I wish she'd choke on her own tongue and die, because she's always so miserable. BFF~ ;)

I don't trust anyone else, including my family. I wish there was anyone in the world I felt  was like me.

When I'm in a good mood, I feel like I have lots of friends. When I'm depressed, I feel like there is nobody in the world who understands me. And there's definetely no one in my family that I would consider a friend.

Wish I had more people to hang out with, though. Most of my friends live far away.

I have one person I can trust in this world, which is my husband. Friends have let me down, and family has let me down equally. I do have one very good friend, but am being reserved about opening myself up too much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly the same here, except at the moment I don't even have one friend I have the possibility to open up to.

(oh and replace "husband" with "partner/boyfriend")

none who live in my state.

One who I haven't been in contact with for about two months

One: six months no contact

One: two years no contact

I need a girlfriend but can't remember how to go about getting one 

Archived