CrazyBoards.org

i've been teary-eyed for a while.  I want the release that comes with crying.  I somehow don't seem to just cry.

Any suggestions?  Movies or music is what I'm thinking?

I cried like a four year having a meltdown at a supermarket the other day.  I am not sure how I managed sleep afterwards.

Going to the gym?  Music.  I listen to loud music,  followed by soft music.  Crosswords are a nice distraction 

Edited by wookie

My husband found me ugly crying while reading The Fault in Our Stars, so the movie probably would have worked on me too if I'd watched it first. The movie If I Stay got to me too. Also, any music that reminds me of someone I've lost. Joni Mitchell really gets to me for a specific reason, but she's pretty sad at baseline I think. I find things that connect to me personally in some way are especially liable to make me cry. Also, I am a pretty easy cryer, so ymmv.

i'm not an easy crier under normal circumstances. on effexor particularly, my ability to cry was severely blunted. for that on-the-brink-of-crying-but-can't-get-tears-out feeling, i talk to my mom and tell her i'm feeling down. somehow she always manages to make me cry -- in a good way! she is good at helping me articulate how i feel, and sometimes has more insight than i do about why i'm feeling a certain way.

aside from that, tdoc also can make me cry, largely in the same way as my mom does. articulating and validating my emotions always does it. 

i've never found a good way to cry on my own. i don't watch movies much, and sad music tends to make me want to self-harm if i'm already in that mood.

any movie about a dog

the dog invariably dies. I'm sure it is not just me that that has a near 100% success rate for the waterworks

• Like 1

I don’t know if this will work for you, but it had tears in my eyes several times... being barraged by bad news constantly can make you numb, I hope this helps. Good stuff, for a change.

https://www.boredpanda.com/faith-in-humanity-restored-wholesome-happy-random-acts-of-kindness/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR2gKCxP6pp7s34eAgaqVGL5qYWxfCkV3rx1QTI3o6pqMKOyapIBMRVP-d4

8 hours ago, DogMan said:

any movie about a dog

I agree.....I don't think anybody could watch "A Dog's Purpose" or "A Dog's Journey" without crying....Great movies....

Also "Hachi: A Dog's Tale", is a real tear-jerker as well.....This movie is based on a true story.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Thank you all for the ideas in response to this potentially strange request.

a friend asked if I wanted to cry generally or to cry about what’s going on in my life.  I hadn’t realized until she asked that it’s really about what’s going on.

she recommended girl, interrupted upon hearing that.

that said, it’s still good to have additional ideas in case there’s still the urge but not the ability.

Boys don't cry. Is a song by The Cure. I used to cry a lot but then I learned to suppress my emotions like a real man because nobody cared anyway. A mixture of bullshit and boo hoo there. Anyway, some things that make me teary eyed.

Some dog rescue videos. That noise she makes is just rips though me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2iaGbAEEk

This song. Though my own mother is a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ntiymON3E

Posted (edited)

I've got music that can be a bit of a tear jerker

Edited by wookie

The movie The Fall makes me cry. Not at the very end but towards the end when things start to turn very dark. The little girl in it seems so genuinely upset I wonder if she actually was. Her distress is a little too realistic at times.

• Like 1

Well the other night I got teary TWICE while watching Franklin (the Turtle) with my daughter. Not full on crying, though.

The end of Stranger Things season 3 had me crying, lol.

Sophie's Choice?

• Like 1

The song 'Daddy' by Korn often makes people cry. Makes me want to cry and I haven't experienced anything like that. If you haven't heard it before then I should add a severe trigger warning. It's about being sexually abused as a child and the lyrics are pretty damn brutally honest. It's quite horrible to listen to but I remember reading a comment where someone said the song saved their life because they realised they weren't alone.

Schindler's List is one of the film classics that has a lot of extremely sad moments. The film follows a German businessman (Oskar Schindler) who helps save the lives of many Jews during the events of the Holocaust by employing them in his factories. The realization that all the monstrosities depicted in the movie are based on true events makes it all the more heartfelt.

The scene that really made me cry was one near the end of the film, when the main character finally experiences an emotional breakdown.

The Dallas Buyers’ Club. I’m not really much for crying at movies, but this kicks my heart out every time.