CrazyBoards.org

I just started taking Lunesta a few weeks ago. I've been taking Lamictal for my seizures for a long time though, and I haven't had one ever since I started. However, yesterday I had my first seizure in a long time, and then today I had another one... I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I started taking Lunesta a few weeks ago, or if I just need to up the Lamictal dosage (I'm at 100mg twice a day)

So does anyone know if Lunesta can lessen the effects of Lamictal?

I just started taking Lunesta a few weeks ago. I've been taking Lamictal for my seizures for a long time though, and I haven't had one ever since I started. However, yesterday I had my first seizure in a long time, and then today I had another one... I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I started taking Lunesta a few weeks ago, or if I just need to up the Lamictal dosage (I'm at 100mg twice a day)

So does anyone know if Lunesta can lessen the effects of Lamictal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you feel it is reason for concern, I would can your doc ASAP.  i went to a drug interactions checker and I got nothing on that.  that doesnt mean that it is a good combo for you.  again, i would suggest you call your doc as soon as possible

be well

~Ophelia

Heya Niz,

Definitely call your neurologist.

Any med change can potentially change seizure risk.

I also couldn't find any interactions on my quickie med interaction checks, Medscape and ePocrates.

But you never know, people have all kinds of idiosyncratic reactions to meds!

I'm taking some Imovane (same as Lunesta, or pretty close -- Imovane is zopiclone, Lunsesta is eszopiclone) and although it's used with caution in mood disorders, it's supposedly not interacting with my Lamictal.

Seizures are serious business.  Talk to your neuro and pharmacist.

--ncc--

I called my neurologist, and he had me come up to the office to get some bloodwork done. When he gets the results back, he says he'll call and figure out where I need to go from there. ...I'm not really sure how you can determine anything about seizures from bloodwork, but then again, I'm not a doctor ;)

Archived