CrazyBoards.org

How's Everyone Coping With Social Distancing?

I’m doing okay with the social distancing on one level. Since I spend most days isolated until my family comes home anyway, it’s nice to have them around. I’m increasingly paranoid about the larger picture of social distancing though, and getting really wrapped up in thoughts that any contact with anyone, say if my husband goes to the grocery store, will make us all terribly sick. So I’m afraid to leave the house, or let him leave the house and go anywhere where there are people.

10 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

Not doing so good. Very lonely and depressed. Very.

This is SO HARD for us with MI. Why don't we start some kind of chatroom - separate from the boards - where we can register with the same usernames we have here and keep it anonymous and chat to each other so we can feel more connected? 

My NAMI Connection support group met today by teleconference.  It was not nearly as satisfactory as in-person.  I think we're going to have to experiment with Zoom or some other way to video conference.  Seeing my friends faces is important to me.

Also, I had a first telehealth conference with my therapist which was less satisfying (to me) compared to in-person.

@Melancholya ....I'm enjoying reading The Luminaries, which is set in New Zealand.  You might check it out if you enjoy reading.  

8 hours ago, Melancholya said:

This is SO HARD for us with MI. Why don't we start some kind of chatroom - separate from the boards - where we can register with the same usernames we have here and keep it anonymous and chat to each other so we can feel more connected? 

I think that's a great idea. Is there anything people are used to using already that they like? This looks like a good option - https://www.chatzy.com/

If you want to test it out I made a room : https://us23.chatzy.com/47580333093529

Password is thepoledance

Edited by 0112358
Adding chatzy link

Personally, nothing much has changed.  I don’t go out much at all beyond therapy or psych appointments...those are video now.  I prep so I already have at least 9 months supply of food, water, supplies and defensive equipment.  As always my cats keep me company and I have plenty of supplies for them too.

i mostly only leave the house for beach walks and essentials

beach walks have been swapped out for local nature reserve, since i can avoid the bus to get there

but, not much has changed

i do wonder about when this generation of primary/elementary school kids grow up. Frequent hand sanitising in between soap and water washes. Social distancing. I just don't imagine well balanced adults coming out of this

8 hours ago, DogMan said:

i do wonder about when this generation of primary/elementary school kids grow up. Frequent hand sanitising in between soap and water washes. Social distancing. I just don't imagine well balanced adults coming out of this

Not to mention people graduating out of high school, college, or with other degrees. I have a family member graduating college right now and everything from grad school to any job at all is a total question mark - when, if, how...