CrazyBoards.org

How's Everyone Coping With Social Distancing?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chem said:

I gave myself a haircut. I fucked up with the guard on my clippers and my hair looks like I used a weed-whacker on it. 

Sorry to hear about that......I imagine quite a few people are trying to cut their own hair, when barber shops and salons are closed..

I have really long hair, and get it trimmed regularly, but my salon is closed until who knows when.......I have decided not to attempt cutting it myself, because I don't want to mess it up .....My hair might get to waist-length before this is all over......**SIGH**

Edited by CrazyRedhead

33 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Sorry to hear about that......I imagine quite a few people are trying to cut their own hair, when barber shops and salons are closed..

I have really long hair, and get it trimmed regularly, but my salon is closed until who knows when.......I have decided not to attempt cutting it myself, because I don't want to mess it up .....My hair might get to waist-length before this is all over......**SIGH**

I've been cutting my own hair on and off for years but I really fucked up this time. Fortunately I can wear hats at my workplace (when I'm not doing bench work) and not get in trouble 

• Like 1

This gives me the idea to try cutting my own hair.  There's nobody around right now that would really care if I fuck it up other than to laugh at it.  I might even be good at it and no weird stranger would have to ever touch my head again while I try to not run away.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:05 PM, Melancholya said:

This is SO HARD for us with MI. Why don't we start some kind of chatroom - separate from the boards - where we can register with the same usernames we have here and keep it anonymous and chat to each other so we can feel more connected? 

This could very well blow up in our faces, mods please feel free to input here, but I just had an idea pop up in my mind. Maybe we could start a Discord server. We don't have to do the voice chat thingy, but we could do the text chat thingy if we wanted. Mods could mod it if they like. Just an idea to throw on the table. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Much as we would like to offer chat, we just can’t. We’ve had so many problems with chat in the past, and we don’t have the moderator resources to support it and manage it the way it needs. I’m sorry, guys.

16 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

Much as we would like to offer chat, we just can’t. We’ve had so many problems with chat in the past, and we don’t have the moderator resources to support it and manage it the way it needs. I’m sorry, guys.

That's what I figured based on previous questions about chat rooms, and that's why I really wanted a moderator to weigh in on this. Personally, I'm not opposed to PMs or anything from anyone, but I don't want my inbox to blow up or anything, and also just know that I'm currently dealing with my own things, so if I don't get back to you immediately, it's nothing personal against you.

• Like 1

Things have been pretty boring here it's brought on an apathy for me so I haven't logged on here much, sorry ya'll. I'm flat but hanging in there! I've been going on long (physically-distanced) walks with music to help pass time in the afternoons/evenings.

• Like 1

It's not bothering me at all, but my back hurts from not walking. I'm going to try and go up and down the stairs more, and do some yoga videos on youtube. I'm glad we have stairs. I've always felt all apartments should have stairs, make them the same square foot but give them their own upstairs and downstairs. Builders cheaping out on building stairs...

I guess it's not bothering me because I'm not that social and I have one person, boyfriend, who I get on with fine, and I have online friends like yourselves who I get on with well :D

• Like 1

@chem funny, a friend of mine sent me a video of him trying to cut his own hair and royally fucking it up. something about being alone for too long that makes people think about cutting their hair. 

Today I felt the first twinge of wishing I could do something a bit different.. after 3 weeks of doing the same thing. It passed fairly quickly

Hi!  I have not posted in years and years.  Glad CrazyBoards is still here.  I see a few familiar names.

Finding the Stay Home Stay Safe anxiety inducing.  I walk my dog as much as I can.  I am working

part time from home.  My ruminations run from fear of a severe recession to fear of catching Covid

and dieing of Pneumonia.  My husband is freaked out.  Only my dog is happy.  I miss people.

Today we went to the Vet.  I stayed in the car.  A Vet tech came out in gloves and a mask, brought

my dog Beaux inside to exam his cyst and give him a Vaccine.  Delivered the dog to me.  Then

I paid over the phone.  I felt safe, except when the tech had my car door open.  

It is going to be a long 4 weeks.  We are locked down until May 5th in my state.

.My mental health is suffering  especially around contamination..I've literally been out about 3 times and thats been to get food supplies and a perscription..I rang the chemist and asked if they could leave my script outside on the ledge so i dont have to go in !! Because they know me they were ok with it..I had to ring them when outside in my car and they would come out and leave it on a kind of step just next to the chemist....I'm washing my hands constantly ...My OCD is telling me its in the house even though theres only me in here..Its telling me its on the door handles..On the clothes...Even on the food !! I know pretty much all the tricks of OCD but its still mentally draining.....As for staying in..I'm not lonely..I'm a loner type person so i'm used to my own company..I do know lots of people and visit a few now and then (Before this all started) But most of the time i'm on my own..Which i do actually prefer...But i do miss the freedom of been able to just go take a walk to the shops etc Or go visit someone..Or even just the freedom of going to work...All the little things i took for granted...My sleeps all over..I'm waking up early hours of the morning and watching TV..I dont actually mind it..I watched that Film area 51 the other night and really enjoyed it..

Posted (edited)

That sounds difficult, GrannyG81.  I'm glad the chemist accommodated you.

I'm having problems facing doing the laundry.  The laundry room is so small there is not a way to be 6 feet away from anybody else if anybody else is there, and I am also scared that my clothes or bedding will be contaminated.  I don't think that contamination fear is logical (CDC page)    but I'm still afraid of it.

And maybe this is more of a Confessional topic, but I'm perversely grateful for the stay-at-home orders here, as it means that I currently have the excuse of public health to avoid physically seeing someone who's been giving me problems.  This someone has a history of disregarding personal boundaries.

Edited by fantod
forgot something

I was doing better for a couple days cuz I was doing a lot of meditating, but I'm starting to get wound up again. Nobody knows when this is going to end and it's like I can't make any plans further than a week out. If lockdown lasts until September, I should buy a treadmill so I don't have to keep running outside. If it lasts until next month, that would be a complete friggin waste. But nobody knows, or at least nobody's telling, how long all of the gyms will be closed.

I cope with stressful situations by drowning myself in information about them. I spent weeks to months reading everything I could get my hands on about OCD and treatment options when I was first diagnosed and medicated.  It makes me feel better. I know I can make good choices if I have all the information.

Nobody has information about this. There's nothing to read up on. I can be 100% informed and find out two days later that what people were saying was wholesale wrong. How long does immunity last? When can we go outside again? Is six feet enough? Nobody friggin knows. And people who think they know might very well come back next week and say they didn't actually know after all. It is profoundly upsetting to me. 

I should go meditate some more probably. Practice some radical acceptance or some shit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am having a very hard time with this. I’m on disability and live with my parents because it’s not safe for me to live on my own due to physical problems.

im going through another period where I just want sex so bad-doesn’t matter who. I’ve sent inappropriate pictures to guys and masterbated with a guy. It’s hard to admit that but it’s true.

i have to go to a new psychiatrist my Nuerologist refered me to Monday. He’s got terrible reviews. Something tells me I’ll be sticking with mine but I’m nervous seeing him because of his reviews and the comments

15 hours ago, AnxietyGirl74 said:have to go to a new psychiatrist my Nuerologist refered me to Monday. He’s got terrible reviews. Something tells me I’ll be sticking with mine but I’m nervous seeing him because of his reviews and the comments

Why does your ndoc want you to see a new pdoc?

15 hours ago, AnxietyGirl74 said:

i have to go to a new psychiatrist my Nuerologist refered me to Monday. He’s got terrible reviews. Something tells me I’ll be sticking with mine but I’m nervous seeing him because of his reviews and the comments

Why does your ndoc want you to see a new pdoc?

On 4/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, AnxietyGirl74 said:

im going through another period where I just want sex so bad-doesn’t matter who. I’ve sent inappropriate pictures to guys and masterbated with a guy. It’s hard to admit that but it’s true.

Wanting sex is very human and normal. I also think it's normal for your libido to be affected by this whole pandemic situation. Feeling cooped up can make you antsy and amp up your sex drive, or it can tank it. Everyone is different. 

Getting a sexual charge by sending some naughty pictures or sharing a masturbation experience with someone from a distance (phone or online, I assume) is a pretty darn safe way to scratch the itch. I'll admit that I have pretty permissive opinions about sex, that not everyone shares, but IMO, you shouldn't be ashamed. If this is something that could signal something bad, like a manic episode, obviously that's a concern, of course. I'm just a stranger on the internet, so I don't know what this kind of thing means for you. 

• Like 1