CrazyBoards.org

I finally got ahold of my clinic and made an appointment for the pdoc appt I missed and the tdoc appt that I never got, which was made before they shut down.  I'm glad I got through to them, but I'm kind of pissed.  I guess it's mostly at the office clerk?  I am not sure if I should mention it because of the difficulty of getting a call through and she had clearly not listened to my voicemails.  However, she is pretty new and I would not like to get someone in trouble at work when everyone is getting laid off?  Idk

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, Banana Smurf said:

I finally got ahold of my clinic and made an appointment for the pdoc appt I missed and the tdoc appt that I never got, which was made before they shut down.  I'm glad I got through to them, but I'm kind of pissed.  I guess it's mostly at the office clerk?  I am not sure if I should mention it because of the difficulty of getting a call through and she had clearly not listened to my voicemails.  However, she is pretty new and I would not like to get someone in trouble at work when everyone is getting laid off?  Idk

I'm glad you finally got your appointments sorted out. Everyone here is dealing with enough problems as it is without having all these changes to how you see your doctor thrown in on top of everything else! 

I have to actually go into the office as I must pick up paper scripts (Adderall). So it goes this way: I pull into my doc's assigned parking spots and conduct my session with the doc on my cell phone. Then I put on my COVID gear and walk over to the office, hand the secretary a check and she hands me my scripts. I examine them and sign off on them.  

1 hour ago, notloki said:

I have to actually go into the office as I must pick up paper scripts (Adderall). So it goes this way: I pull into my doc's assigned parking spots and conduct my session with the doc on my cell phone. Then I put on my COVID gear and walk over to the office, hand the secretary a check and she hands me my scripts. I examine them and sign off on them.  

There’s something very Cold War intelligence gathering about that...

Posted (edited)

I had my phone therapy appointment with Pdoc today, and was really thrown that my neighbor and her daughter were sitting out on their porch, which is like twenty feet from my car. I had the windows closed, so sound was probably muffled, but found myself talking quietly on speakerphone and turned down the volume on my phone. It made me a little paranoid and I didn't like it. And she was probably wondering why I was sitting in my car talking on the phone for an hour, even if she couldn't hear, so overall I felt very self conscious. Pdoc is making noises about going back to office visits in two weeks after the stay at home orders are most likely lifted, and I have mixed feelings about that.

Edited by Unstrung Harp
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I talked with my psychiatrist today and it was a little short.  I think that it was helpful to check in, though.  I talked with him about switching my ritalin from my sleep doctor to him, if my sleep doctor agrees, to lessen my number of doctors because I'm afraid of losing my insurance.  

He said I would still have to follow up with him even if my psychiatrist prescribes, so he is prescribing it.

Edited by Banana Smurf
  • Like 1

Finally have an appointment with pdoc next week on the HMO video system, whatever that may be. It might be using my phone since my other electronics have one issue or another. I’ve done video conferencing but not with a pdoc so should be interesting. I’m hoping for a good camera angle or something. Mainly I count on him reading my mood and issues better live than in email. I think it’ll be ok. 

• Like 1

I like tele - it saves the trip to the hospital (where pdoc still is).  I feel like the service is the same and don't feel like there's a lost connection.  I feel like our appointments are as helpful as usual.  I just feel bad for pdoc still having to go into the hospital!

• Like 1

I continue with my weekly pdoc appointments, which also include therapy. It's better than nothing, but I really do miss being in the same room, and having simultaneous eye contact. I can see how not having to make a trip to the office would be helpful, but I'm lucky that's not been an issue for me. 

This week I tried to share my screen and show him a few kitty photos of my two late great cats, but it didn't work right. Every so often I get to see his two cats on screen, and that's been the high point of the whole experience for me.

I keep trying to talk him into getting an office cat, but he hasn't bit yet! 😀  He's in a multi-provider practice, and no word yet on when they're going to open back up. It's hard to believe that it's nearly July and we haven't seen each in months! I live alone and have been in a bad depressive episode, so he was one of the very few people I actually was seeing in person regularly, and I miss that.

• Like 1

I gotta say, all the evidence shows that teletherapy works just as well as face to face therapy but I HATE IT so far anyway. MAybe new tdoc will be better. Maybe it works really well for people who choose it in the first place. I expected to like it but nope

My recent tdoc appointment was a video fail. I did all the troubleshooting and finally called in and had a phone appointment. Better than nothing I guess. 

Yes, I've ended up on a phone call after the video froze, and I don't like it. I don't like the video, either, but it's better than nothing. Living alone during this pandemic is making me crazier than usual and I really miss being in the same room with my p/tdoc. It's not like I miss physical contact with him, since there wasn't any, but a video image is so completely inadequate. It's just really frustrating, and it doesn't seem like there's an end in sight anytime soon. 

The good news is I was finally able to get screen sharing to work so I was able to show him some kitty pictures, which was helpful and lightened the mood a bit. 

Posted (edited)

I decided to schedule with a new therapy clinic because the phone system at my old place was hard to get through.  It happened to have some therapists that were doing in-session appointments.  I was pretty grateful for it because I do not know if the phone sessions were helping as much.  I also do not have very much insight into my mood so it is helpful if they can notice if I am disheveled and smell weird or if I cannot stop moving and have bizarre clothes on.  She specified in person only to the receptionist after my first session so I do not know if that means I am super batshit.  

Edited by Banana Smurf

Posted (edited)

I've been having fortnightly telephone appointments with my pdoc since this country went into lockdown in March.  I suspect we will continue this way until the end of the year.  I think she would do video conferencing if I asked, but I am majorly anti that - I have found working from home with endless online meetings via Microsoft Teams has just killed any desire I have to pursue psychiatric appointments via that route.  I don't mind the phonecalls and we get a solid 30 minutes in per session.  I just have to take copious notes because my recall of phone conversations can be a bit dodgy at times.

Another plus is that her office is in the city centre, which is a stressful 20 (from my place of work) to 40 (from my home) minute drive that I always have to calm down from after I arrive there.  I'm not missing that one bit.

Edited by MiaB