CrazyBoards.org

Distractions:

online chess

crossword puzzles

Desire:

Learn to play the electric guitar I bought while manic

21 hours ago, Will said:

crossword puzzles

i did a few crossword puzzles today too. a friend and i started getting really into them together. i miss doing them with her.

Crosswords can totally absorb me when I can't concentrate enough to read.  

free crossword puzzles on USA Today (which I go to mainly for sudoku),

also LA Times  https://www.latimes.com/games/daily-crossword

some free NY Times per the Seattle Times https://www.seattletimes.com/games-nytimes-crossword/

Vox puzzles  https://www.vox.com/2019/9/16/20861003/free-online-crossword-vox

The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords

Watching youtube videos of women with anorexia. Which probably sounds strange but I'm doing a mental health course which includes a unit on eating disorders.

Eating. More eating.  Watching people choosing Fukushima as a tourist destination. Thinking about exercising.  Thinking... thinking...

4 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

I'm doing a mental health course which includes a unit on eating disorders.

4 hours ago, wookie said:

Eating. More eating. 

I was about to suggest that the two of you should look into doing what you’re doing in isolation jointly, but then you wouldn’t be doing it in isolation and wouldn’t have anything to post here. So never mind. As you were.

20 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I was about to suggest that the two of you should look into doing what you’re doing in isolation jointly

Masturbation and self-loathing? Sure why not? The more the merrier. Sorry Wookie, not being serious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Masturbation and self-loathing? Sure why not? The more the merrier. Sorry Wookie, not being serious.

Welp I made bread.  Self love is never a form of self loathing though.

• Haha 1

I’ve sewed enough masks to protect an orchestra. Though I guess the wind and brass sections are still kinda screwed...

• Haha 3

I'm googling plans for how to make a chicken coop. Not a chicken sedan. (If you get my joke, you get bonus points). Tonight I will be cooking a nice dinner of pork chops with roasted carrots and potatoes. To be served with a lemonade/ margarita flavored mead mixed drink. I'm excited 

• Haha 1

I've officially stopped giving a fuck.  No martha Stewart projects, no crafting shit. Just wallowing in my own filth watching netflix. This is the life.

• Like 1

at first I ate and ate and ate for comfort and took extra Xanax

now my pants are all tight or don't fit

doing something new, purchased 24 hours of continuing education for my professional license

and I am working away at that

already done ten hours

titles such as Ethical Practice Standards for Today's Producers

and Anti-Money Laundering for the Insurance Industry

I have 14 more hours to go 

Posted (edited)

Mad ice cream binges and Google Earth for hours

Edited by Banana Smurf

gardening, lately. and sleeping in the sun. mild sunburn and a lot of tanning, which is bad for my skin but good for my self-esteem.

SoMbOdy hepl me...looSe threAD evERywhERe...

I was gifted some sourdough starter. what the fuck do I feed it? how much do I feed it? do I have to feed it every day? will it turn into a moldy science experiment if I forget about it for a month by accident?

I've decided that my new motto regarding work is "keep my head down and not let obnoxious wanna be supervisor push me around into rearranging my schedule"

Me? Stressed? Not one bit!!! [sarcasm, it's a glorious thing]

2 minutes ago, chem said:

I was gifted some sourdough starter. what the fuck do I feed it? how much do I feed it? do I have to feed it every day?

My understanding is that that shit eats babies. Get it some babies.

@chem i work in a bakery that uses a sourdough starter! you can stick it in your fridge for a few weeks and it'll be fine, it just gets more sour as it ferments. when you leave it for a long time, a liquid will separate and sit on the top. dump that off and you can still use the goop underneath to feed it.

refreshing it is a basic recipe of 1. some of the starter, 2. some flour, 3. some water. mix it in a container, cover, and leave it to ferment for a day before using in bread dough.

https://www.theperfectloaf.com/sourdough-starter-maintenance-routine/ this site has a good explanation. i'm not an expert or a professional baker or anything, just someone who's seen how it's used. :) 

• Thanks 1