CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
onsenseal

Tom Clancy predicted Corona

Posted (edited)

This could be a bit unsettling if you're afraid. Watch at your own discretion 🤔

Some of the pictures are too real. Those are video game trailers from 2016.

Edited by onsenseal

Tom Clancy also wrote about an airplane hitting the Capital building in Washington, D.C. In his version, the pilot was...Japanese. It made sense in context.

The game came out in 2016, and Clancy died in 2013, so one wonders exactly how much input he had into it.

16 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

The game came out in 2016, and Clancy died in 2013, so one wonders exactly how much input he had into it.

You're right.. this is weird, that they're still using his name. Apparently almost none of "his" games had to do with him.

10 minutes ago, companion_cube said:

Bill Gates is also worth mentioning. He warned us to prepare for a pandemic years ago:

It would be nice if humanity had plans in place for pandemic outbreaks, asteroid impacts, supervolcanos, and other events ..

Posted (edited)

The idea that another pandemic was inevitable has been around a very long time and predates Clancy. We’ve been due for one and scientists have been saying so for ages. It was just a matter of time. My psychotic doomsday prepper self from 2013 who was certain that plague was coming (I had 20 boxes of white tea at one point because of anti-viral properties for example) would be doing a Nelson HAW HAW right now if things weren’t so serious. 

The oldest book I’ve read about an end of the world scenario pandemic was by Mary Shelley. It was called The Last Man and it was written in 1826. Fortunately we just have the pandemic and not the end of the world part. 

Edited by saintalto
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, saintalto said:

The idea that another pandemic was inevitable has been around a very long time and predates Clancy. We’ve been due for one and scientists have been saying so for ages. It was just a matter of time. My psychotic doomsday prepper self from 2013 who was certain that plague was coming (I had 20 boxes of white tea at one point because of anti-viral properties for example) would be doing a Nelson HAW HAW right now if things weren’t so serious. 

The oldest book I’ve read about an end of the world scenario pandemic was by Mary Shelley. It was called The Last Man and it was written in 1826. Fortunately we just have the pandemic and not the end of the world part. 

I hope humanity will learn something from it, but I doubt it. I'm not worried about surviving. I'm worried in the world becoming a worse place for everyone. I don't want to live in a Mad Max world.

• Like 1

@onsenseal You needn’t worry. We’ll come out of this bruised but society isn’t going to collapse anytime soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onsenseal said:

I hope humanity will learn something from it, but I doubt it. I'm not worried about surviving. I'm worried in the world becoming a worse place for everyone. I don't want to live in a Mad Max world.

Owing to my prowess with firearms and my generally unflappable nature, half a dozen of my friends have informed me that if things go all Mad Max they’re going to show up on my doorstep with everything from sewing machines and dried peas to crayons and blankets that look like tortillas. Every one of them is MI, so I hope they bring their meds, and somebody had better bring a whole lot of dog food, too.

It will be ok, people. Messy for a while, but ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1