CrazyBoards.org

Hi-

My pdoc thinks that in addition to being bipolar I may have ADD (inattentive). If he is right, what would that likely do to my med cocktail? I take Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Lamictal, and Klonopin. What worries me is the Klonopin. I need it to combat bad anxiety, and maybe the anxiety would worsen with a stim. I'm just not sure what I could expect if we were to go that way.

WB does nothing for me (at least at 150mg). I don't know why I take it.

Hi-

My pdoc thinks that in addition to being bipolar I may have ADD (inattentive). If he is right, what would that likely do to my med cocktail? I take Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Lamictal, and Klonopin. What worries me is the Klonopin. I need it to combat bad anxiety, and maybe the anxiety would worsen with a stim. I'm just not sure what I could expect if we were to go that way.

WB does nothing for me (at least at 150mg). I don't know why I take it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another possibility is that with a stimulant to wake up the ADD-fuzzed brain

systems, you might end up dealing with less anxiety.

For me at least, I find that the (current) desipramine+adderall combo leaves

me with less time spent ruminating on petty BS and less frustration from

disorganization in the face of too much that needs to be done and too little

me to do it.  Not quite as good as WB+adderall was (as I still start getting

wound up and cranky as the desipramine wears off), but overall it's way

much better than I had been from Aug. 2005 to Jan. 2006.

I can obviously speak only for myself. But I found that Concerta made things clearer, which meant less anxiety. I could focus on things and realized some things just aren't worth obsessing about. Also, as Nulltrooper said, I'm able to get things done which also makes the anxiety more under control.

Also, no problems with taking Xanax PRN in addition to Concerta.

Hope things work out with your diagnosis and meds.

Well, I don't know much about bipolar, tho my pdoc thinks I might have a touch of it (but I wonder if most people under as much stress might seem that way). However, I've found that Adderall (one of the stims) can either wind me up or let me get rid of racing thoughts, depending on circumstances and dosage. The winding up part seems to get less with time.

150mg Welbutrin isn't very much. Maybe you need twice as much. And 450mg isn't uncommon, I seem to recall. It helps some people with ADD. At 150mg it elps my energy level. Doesn't help reduce agitation, tho. At least for me.

Archived