CrazyBoards.org

Rapid Weight Loss

Hi-

;) I've lost 30lbs in 2 months due to not eating. I've never been like this before. I've developed an obsession with being fat and fitting into smaller and smaller clothes. People accuse me of being bulemic (sp?), but I've never thrown up my food before. I just don't eat food. :)

I get compliments I've never gotten before from some, and others think I have an eating disorder.

What constitutes an eating disorder? Do I have to be 70lbs and thin like a child and lose my period to have an eating disorder, or does the thinking pattern and refusal to eat constitute a problem?

I just can't make myself eat. I see fat all over myself if I drink more than a diet soda. I eat fruit for breakfast, diet coke for lunch, and a small (somewhat real) dinner.

At times I'm afraid and alone, at others I delight myself that I'm now a size 4 and not an 8.

Is there something wrong wtih me? Will it stop on its own, or should I talk to my pdoc about it?

-- already loony enough

I've lost 60 pounds in six months without trying.  I saw my pdoc yesterday and she said I better see my Internist because that is too much to be side effects from the MI meds.  So I made an appointment with my regular doc for week after next.  You need to get an appointment with your psych and talk about this.  It aint good.

Tommy

Tommy,

That is amazing. You weren't not eating or anything on purpose, and lost 60lbs? I hope you feel ok!

I like your quote "librarians are already weird without being MI".

I can add- tech girls are already weird without being MI!

-loon

Tommy,

That is amazing. You weren't not eating or anything on purpose, and lost 60lbs? I hope you feel ok!

-loon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel fine, but pdoc says it means I probably have had a change in my metabolism and it needs to be checked because it might have an impact on my BP2.

Tommy

Tommy,

-loon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel fine, but pdoc says it means I probably have had a change in my metabolism and it needs to be checked because it might have an impact on my BP2.

Tommy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tommy,

This is great!!!

as someone with a full blown eating disorder who cant and for some dumb reason wont stop making herself sick please chat to your p-doc about this. although their are lots of positives to being skinny there are more positives to being healthy and not eating = not healthy in my books!

Loon-

It sounds like an eating disorder to me.  It's definitely dangerous, and probably a mental hell for you.

A size 8 is not fat- a size 8 is thin.  A size 4 is tiny.  A "normal" person eats multiple meals a day and a snack or two. 

Please talk to your doctor about this. 

Hi Loon!

I'll add my voice to the chorus, and here's the important fact:  your body is a chemical "soup."  In order for this soup to run your kidneys, liver, heart and other organs efficiently, it needs lots of elements.  (Potassium, all the B vitamins, sodium, etc etc)

If all you're eating is fruit for breakfast and a "somewhat normal" dinner, you aren't getting anywhere near the number of vitamins and minerals that you need. 

Each day, you need at least 7 servings of fruits and/or veggies, 3 servings of protein, 3-5 servings of complex carbohydrates....it just goes on and on.

If you're not concerned about your health, I can tell you that messing with yourself like this will also (eventually) affect your appearance.  Your hair will not be shiny, your skin will not have a healthy glow, your nails will get brittle and you will look like a person who is not taking care of herself.

You're also destroying your chances for a healthy bone structure in later life:  women in their 20s and 30s are building the bone mass that they will need to avoid osteoporosis.  You can't build it without calcium, and Vitamin D to fix the calcium in your bones.

It also means that your meds won't be as effective.  Study after study has shown that good nutrition helps every MI condition from depression to BP to autism to AHDH. 

I hope you'll think hard about giving yourself a chance for a healthy future.

olga

i second what olga said and add to it

*your hair really does stop growing and if your lucky it will start to fall out

*your breath will get nasty so keep those mints handy (or hang on do they have calories, i wonder if toothpaste has cals?)

*If you break a nail, which will be likely as they become frail, be prepared to go to the beauty salon cause thay wont be growing back.

*you have mentioned that your periods havent stopped, your lucky, just wait until they decided to come when ever, for however long they like and as heavy or as light as they like, unfortunatly it aint as nice and clear cut as they make out when they say it will stop. normally it messes with your cycle BIG time before just ceasing.

*be ready to get lots of pimples and wrinkles and lines and marks as your skin tries to adjust to being dehydrated, or soaked in moisturiser to try to stop dehydration, once again be ready to fork out for the beauty salon to treat your skin if u dont want those nasty popping up.

i wont even being to list the many medical symptoms i have had cause really its far to long already.

i just think if u r going to do this, really be aware of what it is that u are actually doing to your body. cause lets face it, u will still be u wether u r 70lbs or 700lbs.

Good luck to u, b safe.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could lose weight without trying too geez! I know I put on weight without trying things to evil epival (depakote) anyway, a little OT there, sorry.

Yes I definately think there is a problem. You are almost dscribing my eating habits there. I am anorexic but not thin enough to get the dx so i'm ED-nos

The fact that you are worried about it makes it a problem regardless of dx.

Talk to your doc

Ameth

I wish I could lose weight too. I hate being this big and heavy c. 120lbs which is completely normal for my height and build - but that's the irony of an ED

Sometimes I wish I could be hooked up to a water drip and put to sleep for a couple of weeks not just to lose weight but to not have think about all the horrible things that plague my mind. Unforunately, mentally things would probably be worse due to the weight loss

• 2 weeks later...

Loon-

It sounds like an eating disorder to me. It's definitely dangerous, and probably a mental hell for you.

A size 8 is not fat- a size 8 is thin. A size 4 is tiny. A "normal" person eats multiple meals a day and a snack or two.

Please talk to your doctor about this.

i agree, size 8 is good, even up to size 12 - 14? 16? I'm 18-20. Anyone want to weight watch? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I felt anywhere near happy with my body was at my lowest afult weight, during my first bout of anorexia 3 years ago. I got down to 6st 10lbs/95(?)lbs. Compared with many anorexics, this is not much of a weight loss, but according to family, friends and clothes shop assistants etc. I looked very thin and ill - some even said emaciated, but I think that was an exaggeration.

Last year I got down to virtually that weight again. I am now at least 120lbs (around 8st 10lbs) and I hate myself, even though everyone says I look perfect and still slim. When I look in the mirror I don't see somebody hugely fat, but I do see somebody who looks bigger than she should be. My flesh looks all blancmangey. I can't starve like I used to ( which is logically and rationally a good thing) but I still get the compulsion to do so.

I can never decide whether I would rather be thin or happy with my naturally robust body. I go in one direction, and eventually my mind will tell me to do the opposite. At the moment it's cursing me for having eaten one meal - a medium sized vegetable stir fry for lunch. ;)

I'm up to 123 now that I'm not working and eating more because I'm at home and can raid the fridge. I also am puppy sitting for my cousin and this puppy always wants to run, so we go for our morning jog (I go on my own for my evening jog) and the puppy is keeping me in shape.

Even if I just open a can of corn and warm it up and eat it, I'm trying to make sure I get my nutrition. I should start taking viatimins (terrible spelling) for my lack of nutrition.

I really need to cook healthy things, freeze them, and then eat them as I'm ready. That way being busy won't be an excuse.

I want to be 115lbs. I can't get it out of my head...

Archived